• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Reposession Order, Sale Broke..Now what?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When you get that you need to fill in the form what can you pay this month withregard to the normal payments and when are they due will you have to use the £2000 .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello fellow members -

So far no eviction letter from HBOS or their solicitors. My solicitor has not heard anything from them too. Please advise if something is being cultivated behind the scenes that I will not be aware of and would surface suddenly ?. I hope this doesn't happen.

Thanks to our darling chancellor of exchequer, I just have learnt in the sky news that govt has asked mortgage lenders to be soft on home owners.

I am planning to write directly to HBOS, welcome and FV1 with I/O statement. I can tell them that the sale didn't go through and my estate agent is searching for the buyers. But due to the bad situations in the market, it is highly unlikely that a buyer can be found easily.

I have searched the repository and could not find any relevant templates that I could personalize and send them all.

I would appreciate if I am provided with letter templates. I would them ask my solicitor to provide me with a letter that has a mention of the previous sale that didn't go through. I will also attach my income letters, accountant letters, some business agreements that my business have recently acquired.

Thanks very much for all your help.

Regards

Hi there, you need to make the payment of £2,000 as soon as possible -by telephone if at all possible - they should not refuse to take any payment from you at all. If they won't take it over the phone, send a cheque (remember to put your address and mortgage account number on the back) with this letter:

Dear Sirs,

Mortgage Account No:

Claim No: (on court paperwork)

Please find enclosed a cheque for the sum of £2,000 being payment towards the arrears on the above numbered account.

As I have explained in a telephone conversation with yourselves, the planned sale of my house fell through at the very last minute and I am in the process of trying to secure another buyer. However, as I’m sure you will appreciate, this will take time and I am therefore writing to you to offer the following payment proposal until such time as a sale is completed:

Payments of £ xxxxx on the xxxxx day of each month, this includes £xxxx towards the arrears.

I am sure you are aware of the Civil Justice Consultation Paper - Mortgage Arrears Protocol and ask you to take this into account when considering my request for time to sell the property and continue with a payment schedule.

Affixed is an income and expenditure statement in support of my proposal (Appendix 1).

I trust you will be able to agree to my proposal and thus avoid unnecessary court action.

In view of the seriousness of the situation and time constraints involved, your speedy response would be appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

If they don't accept this, and it goes to court there is case law we can use regarding time to sell the property. However, hopefully it won't come to that. Don't forget to send the letter guaranteed next day delivery, and then check on royal mail website for the receipt a few days later. Print off receipt and keep with a copy of the letter in case you need to produce it in court.

Hope this is helpful

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

You're welcome, good luck and remember whatever happens you can get help and support here.

PS. remember to write your name, mortgage account number and Appendix 1 on the Income & Expenditure statement you staple to the letter.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hello again -

Is there any possibility that I can convince the lender (HBOS) to reduce the payment for a couple of months. As mentioned above I have all the necessary paperwork available like accountant's letter, business contracts etc which show that the income will be ok in the near future, however need some time to be back on track.

As Ell-enn has advised, I have done the same, but my wish is to keep the house. The sale was due to the immense pressure from the HBOS solicitors and lender itself.

Do you experienced fellows reckon it to be workable? would I be able to convince HBOS to reduce the payment for a couple of months. As you all know I am prepared to give them £2000.

Thanks in advance again for all your help.

Regards

I think it will be a bit difficult to ask for a reduction when you have just asked for a deal on payments I would wait and see what they say can you make the next payment as per your offer

I think it will be a bit difficult to ask for a reduction when you have just asked for a deal on payments I would wait and see what they say can you make the next payment as per your offer

Yes, I can make next payment as per the promise that I have made with the lender.

Regards

Hi, as Bona says I would wait until you get a reply to your letter and make the next payment as promised.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again folks -

Between my last mail and this message, I've been dealing with the HBOS solicitors. A lot of letters exchange happened during this time. In short, the solicitors did not agree with my proposal (though they kept the cheque and encashed £2000) and acquired another eviction order for May 20th. My proposal was:

1. £2000 payment towards the arrears and regular monthly repayments from May 2008 onwards.

2. I also offered £200 on top of the regular repayment to cover the arrears.

The above was until last week. This week I arranged some money and offered the following:

1. £2000 that has been already paid

2. Regular monthly repayments from June 2008

3. £1000 today, cash to be deposited in the mortgage account

4. £1000 on 25th of May 2008

The bloke over the phone was quite arrogant (expected) and refused to accept my offer in any case. He kept telling the old stories that they had to initiate legal proceedings against my mortgage account and hence its not possible keeping in view the history, to accept the offer of repayments.

However, I received a call at around 4:30pm today from HBOS that if I pay half the arrears that is standing around £9300 (dont know how they made this up, will ask for a breakdown later). This means I need to pay £4650 in cleared funds before 20th of May for them to stop eviction.(which I do not have).

Can some advise me as to what options do I have now. There is not much time left. I would appreciate your quickest response so that I make a case during the night and go to court tomorrow morning.

Thanks very much for all your support.

Tell them to go to hell no Judge will evict you as you have tried ( well only one that has gone ga ga )they know this contact them and tell them that your offer still stands and if they dont agree you will inform the judge and ask for cost against them if by the meere pos that it went against you there is case law at appeal that would work dont worry tell them to bugger off

Hi there, have you submitted an N244 form asking for a hearing to suspend eviction? or do you have a hearing at court tomorrow morning?

I can help you with a statement for the N244 or for a court hearing, just let me know which it is

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Hi there, have you submitted an N244 form asking for a hearing to suspend eviction? or do you have a hearing at court tomorrow morning?

I can help you with a statement for the N244 or for a court hearing, just let me know which it is

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Thanks very much -

No I do not have any hearing tomorrow. I am planning to submit N244 in the court tomorrow morning. Please bear in mind that the eviction date is 20th of May, means next Tuesday. Looks like I do not have much time.

I have gathered all the documents as under:

1. All correspondence with HBOS and their solicitors

2. I/E statement

3. Income proof

4. Accountant letter showing earnings with a mention of recent business contract.

5. All business contracts copies

No. (4) will be appended to show that I can afford the future payments, its just that I need a little time to payback the amount. However, I can pay the monthly instalment.

I am filling the N244 form now.

Regards

OK, just give me 10 mins and I'll come back to you. Part C is the most important part - I will write you a statement to put in there. Have you downloaded the form from HM courts website or are you filling it in by hand? Do you have a printer?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

OK, just give me 10 mins and I'll come back to you. Part C is the most important part - I will write you a statement to put in there. Have you downloaded the form from HM courts website or are you filling it in by hand? Do you have a printer?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

I have downloaded it and will fill in online then take a print out. I do have all the necessary gadgets available.

Thanks

That's great - I'll send you the text and you just need to fill in the blanks. Is the mortgage in joint names?

Ell

Ell-enn - Thanks for all your help,

If possible can you please advise what to write in PART A where they ask you to write the reason for the order. It is asked to mention any rules or statutary provisions ???? what are they. Please advise.

Thanks

Hi, In Part A cross out (a draft order of which is attached) and after the word that write - suspends the order for possession. After because write the arrears have been reduced and a proposal to repay the remaining arrears is submitted in Part C.

In Part B cross out (we) and tick the box for evidence in part C.

Text for part C will be finished in a few minutes - just one more thing, are you still proposing to pay £200 per month on top of the normal payment to clear the arrears?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Hi, In Part A cross out (a draft order of which is attached) and after the word that write - suspends the order for possession. After because write the arrears have been reduced and a proposal to repay the remaining arrears is submitted in Part C.

In Part B cross out (we) and tick the box for evidence in part C.

Text for part C will be finished in a few minutes - just one more thing, are you still proposing to pay £200 per month on top of the normal payment to clear the arrears?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Thanks-

I offered that because the bloke on the phone made me to come to that point where I offered him this on top of the normal monthly repayments.

I would be better off NOT paying this amount if at all possible !

Never mind if not possible. I'll try to reduce the arrears ASAP.

regards