Card Details Theft Problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

With my Dad's permission I used my father's Northern Bank Visa card to buy a memory card on ebay, payment for which was processed through Paypal.

My father received his card statement yesterday and as well as the purchase I made there were two other transactions on the card, one made on JohnLewis.com and the other from M&S.

Obviously I nor he know nothing about these transactions. He cancelled the card yesterday and was told to go into his local Northern Bank branch tomorrow to advise them of whats happened and to see if there are any other unknown transactions that might appear on the next statement.

My feeling is that it's something to day with a paypal employee who has access to cardholder's details. This card had not been used through paypal for a long time and the suspicious transactions appeared the day after my ebay purchase.

The same thing happened to my uncle at Christmas when he made a purchase through paypal for the first time and then his card was used the next day for £700 of goods he knew nothing about.

These tranactions were investigated by the card company and reversed.

When my father contacted John Lewis about the purchase made from their website, all they could tell him was that it was delivered to a postal address in the South of England.

My nagging doubt is this. If my father goes to his brach tomorrow to discuss what's happened and he tells them that he let me use the card for a paypal payment will they say oh thats too bad, you shouldnt have done that and theres nothing we can do?

Any advice appreciated.