GreatWonder Vs HSBC **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Went through the preliminary and LBA stages (received a £980 offer on a £1200 claim after preliminary) ended up filing MCOL on August 25th. This was acknowledged 5th September.

Today received a letter from DG Solicitors, knew from the Birmingham postage frank. Expected to find the standard letter requesting yet another breakdown of charges. I didn't. It was an immediate full offer for the whole claim + interest + the £120 MCOL fee (total £1707). No messing around this time!

Are DG Solicitors now dealing with things more efficiently? I hope so! Anyway off to celebrate, the timing was perfect - as I received a higher than expected offer from MBNA too!

Should have the amounts in my account within a week or so I hope - just in time for holidays.

Will make donations soon as it's cleared.

Thanks again!

Nope

Seems like they are still treating everyones claims differently.

I issued on 22/8 and they aacknowladged on 30/8 indicsting their intention to defend all of the claim and I still havent heard anything. Did they just acknowladge yours of defend it too? Does it mean you have the further £100 and another form to fil out if they defend the claim does anyone know?

Well done on your win and have a good holiday.

Sarah

All I got was the standard court form advising me of HSBC's intention to defend (this was received a couple of days after the status of my claim on the MCOL site changed to acknowledged).

Then a week later (today) a letter arrived from DG Solicitors offering me the full amount of my claim + interest + court fees.

I didn't receive anything asking me for a breakdown of my charges (blows the theory out the water about them not having these available or passed on from HSBC). Nor did I receive an actual defense from HSBC or the allocation questionnaire - which comes with another £100 fee.

Maybe we'll just have to follow what happens with other cases coming to their conclusion now to see if this is the start of a new way of them handling claims.

i'm in similar situation. dg sent letter to me asking for full breakdown. i've sent that to them and my 100 quid fee to the court with the alloc questionnaire. in your reply from dg did they offer your charges+int+mcol(120)+local court fee of 100? my claim has been going on now for near 4mth, did you give them a more uptodate list of your int charges? mine will be an increase of around 200