Early termination fee...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need help.I have a car on finance but unfortunately my business has taken a turn for the worst and I now can no longer afford the car. The problem is this. The contract states that if I do not keep up the payments they will take the car back (that is fine and that is what i am expecting and want) however they say I will also have to pay half of the full finance amount i.e £26,000. So i will have to give them the car back and £13,000. I know I should have read the small print!!! But is this fair and enforcable?The redemption figure at the moment is £19,000 i could sell the car and get about £14,000 but the problem is I would have to pay the shortfall at the time of the sale which I just cannot do. So can they take a £14,000 car and £13,000 cash when there is only £19,000 outstanding?

Hi Lucy,

If it helps at all, I'd be happy to value your car via PM, so at least you have figures to deal with. I hope I'll be corrected, but a lot of these deals are so hopelessly sewn-up that you may find moving heaven and earth to make the settlement figure the best option in the long run, even taking a personal loan to cover it may be better than their interest rates.

Terry