Nationwide upto their old tricks again

simonjohn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a brief explanation of the recent problem that I have experienced with the nationwide.

I have recently been charged paid item fees, X 4 @ £15 a time for apparently not having enough money in my account to cover them, however I know that is not the case.

EXAMPLE:

I have an account ballance of £20 and an available ballance of £10. I then have a deposit of £10 made by the faster payment scheme, which is virtualy an instant deposit. I then check my account which is showing a Ballance of £40 and an availible ballance of £20.

10 minutes after the faster payment transfer I then make debit card transaction for £15. After this transaction I again log onto internet banking to check my ballance, which is £25 ballance and £5 availible ballance. All well and good so far, however it isn't. After recieving a recent statment from nationwide I found that I have been charged paid item fees, It would appear that they have put the card transactions before the faster payment deposits even though the faster payments were made before the card transactions and showing as the availible ballance.

In essance I would like to know what is the best way forward with this and the paid item fees incurred.

many thanks

Hi Simon.This is just a PAIN banks do this in general.Are the deposits cash?if so then the moment the cash deposit is paid in and the bank teller enters the transaction electronically it should show within 30 seconds of the electronic record,just like a debit from an ATM machine is recorded in the same amount of time.Change from Nationwide to First Direct for example.they are more than just in this situation.

I trust you have challenged Nationwide to have the charges refunded in full? if not make that challenge.

FS

hi there

they did this to me but fortunately before i did any transactions I checked my balance online and printed off the statement which showed the available balance which I acted on. When they tried to say i went overdrawn I said it was based on the info they had provided me and they let me off the charges of £45. I would confront them about this and say that you are a member of cag and another member has printed evidence of their devious activities. This goes against the lending standards boards criteria and they are breaking the rules. I have only recently used nationwide but I will be banking elsewhere probably with the coop online. They seem more ethical than most high st banks

• 1 year later...

Just an update to this thread.

Situation is still ongoing with the nationwide and I am now in a position to take this forward with a vie to bringing action under Bcobs.

would just like some advice on a particulars of claim and wheather to sue for breach of statutary duty also would it be possible to add to the claim form N1 for the removal of a default applied after the account was officialy in dispute.

Thanks