• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Help ..Enforcement notice

sweetpants
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can someone help.

I hand delivered my prelim to Lloyds on 30 Aug giving them 14 days to respond to my request for repayment of £4300.62 in unlawful charges since 2003.I was well over my agreed o/d limit because of these charges

Yesterday I received an enforcement notice ( dated 2 sept).

It gives me notice that they are "terminating our agreement on the 11 sept "and they "demand payment of £2304.41 plus interest which is accruing daily".

It advises me to contact a solicitor ,trading standards or CAB if i have difficulty paying.

It gives me a number to ring.

Do I ring and if so what do I say ?

Sorry but I was quite confident with how things were going up till now and now I am starting to panic.

I have got a parachute account but I cannot afford to pay this amount back until they pay me.:(

Lloyds Data Protection Act Delivered by hand 23/08 --Prelim & claim for 3 yrs @ £4011.58 by hand 30/08/06 "sorry your not happy" letter received 5/9 LBA going out on 13th .Enforcement notice received 8/9 Reply sent 12/9.LBA delivered 13/09.:cool: Claim Filed 4/10 £4804 "Sorry Enforcement notice was mistake.Anything we can do to help blah blah" letter rec 5/10:o Court claim deemed served 18/10

Lloyds filed acknowledgement 20/10.They now have 28 days to file defence.Defence filed and AQ received 9/128-)

Court date set 14th Feb.Court bundle sent.Nothing rec from [problem]

****WON*****.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to you both.I was really getting worried over this.I will type up a letter now and send it off recorded in the morning then come back and ring them.

I should never have got myself into this mess in the first place but have my house up for sale now to pay off all my debts and am going crazy with all the letters coming in demanding money that I havent got so think this one was last straw and made me hit the panic button.

Thanks guys xx

Lloyds Data Protection Act Delivered by hand 23/08 --Prelim & claim for 3 yrs @ £4011.58 by hand 30/08/06 "sorry your not happy" letter received 5/9 LBA going out on 13th .Enforcement notice received 8/9 Reply sent 12/9.LBA delivered 13/09.:cool: Claim Filed 4/10 £4804 "Sorry Enforcement notice was mistake.Anything we can do to help blah blah" letter rec 5/10:o Court claim deemed served 18/10

Lloyds filed acknowledgement 20/10.They now have 28 days to file defence.Defence filed and AQ received 9/128-)

****WON*****.

Hi GaryH

Sorry in my panic I didnt notice your PS at the bottom .

Swindon born and bred lol

****WON*****.

Many thanks to you all.Its so easy to be bullied by these people especially when your on your own but thanks to your help and support I am now more determined that I am not going to let them win (not without putting up a damn good fight anyway)

Gary I will use that letter thank you and take the advice from all of you on board.Thats it Im getting my fighting spirit back again. Grrrrrrr look out lloyds lol

****WON*****.

Thank you I will. Just found my printer has run out of ink so have forwarded to my work e-mail and will print it off and send first thing in morning. ( wont finish work till 10pm )..Thanks again to you all for the help and support. No doubt I will be back asking for more help soon lol

****WON*****.

Thanks Mindzai.

Hand delivered it to my local branch this morning and unless there is anything good from them in the post tomorrow morning ( fat chance ) I will be sending them my LBA tomorrow as their first 14 days is up !!

****WON*****.

Hi Gary

Nothing from them yet although there was a message on answering machine for me to contact them yesterday.The reply that you kindly drafted to their enforcement notice was delivered on the 12th and I sent my LBA in on the 13th.Got the standard letter back on the 14th saying no so just waiting until 27th to start court action now.Can I go in any time and pick up the forms from the court or do I have to wait .Just thought it would give me time to look through them if I could get them earlier.

****WON*****.

Yes I know what you mean.I was very surprised that they replied the day after I handed the LBA over but then again I think they are getting used to doing it now so as soon as they see an LBA they just hit a button on the keyboard to send the standard reply.Thanks I will use that form.At least that way I can take my time filling it in and get it right and if I do make a mistake at least I can print it off again

****WON*****.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just received a Default Notice.On Oct 9th my account will be passed on to solicitors with instructions to commence proceedings against me to reclaim the Unauthorised Overdrawn Amount which comprises wholly of charges they have taken from me - "plus costs and interest which is accruing daily". I am due to issue my court papers on 4th Oct . They are not going to put me off but am getting more nervous

****WON*****.

Thanks Gary.I read that yours has been put off until next year.What a pain.I hope they dont do the same with mine although I am sure they will which will mean more problems for me caused by them.Oh well such is life lol

****WON*****.

Thanks Lucid

I have been getting lots of phone calls but luckily I have been at work so just get messages saying please phone LLoyds asap.I havent phoned them back as yet because I keep reading on here that its best to correspond by writing rather than phone as you then have proof etc.Not only that I know I will get so confused by them and mess things up.I received a letter yesterday just saying Important Please contact us now on 0870-2424760 regarding your arrears situation. So now not sure if I should ring.I dont want them to say in court that I refused to communicate but their response (in writing) to my LBA was "I must advise you that we will not be entering into any further correspondeence regarding the points you have raised" and then goes on to say that they are within their rights to register default information quoting my letters regarding the Fourth and Sixth Data Protection Principle.

I do wish I had studied law at school :confused:

****WON*****.

Gary

The way my luck is going I will probably be the first that they decide to fight to the end and I will end up in court.Even my daughters said to me at the start when I explained about everyone getting their money back just before it gets to court " Yeah but knowing your luck mum yours will be the one that they take to court"

Fancy being a court buddy ? Hee Hee

I shouldnt joke but they have got me to the stage where if I dont laugh about it I would just curl up in a ball and cry .Im still determined that they wont win but their intimidating tactics do shake the confidence a little

****WON*****.

Thanks Gary your a star.

Lawyer or not the difference is I know I would have someone there with me that knows something about it and is going (or has gone)through same thing.If it went to court my daughters would support me but as they arent anything to do with the forum they wouldnt have a clue.Anyway by the time I get to that stage Im hoping yours will have been settled.

I have just read MJanets and will now go and read up on Wolfcubs.Thanks again.

****WON*****.

Thanks Lucid + Gary

Sorry for delay in reply but have been sorting out my N1 to take to court tomorrow.Think I have put too much detail in the Brief Details box but have used all my paper up now so it will have to stay as it is.

I will definitely take your advice and will be printing off a letter tomorrow ( once I get more paper)and will also ring them.Just have to make my notes so I dont get railroaded by them and I am all set.

Wish me luck

****WON*****.

Hi Gary

I went there straight from work so had not read your reply doh.Stupid me had made 3 copies but only took 2 with me.I had read earlier " Print 3 copies" but with the nerves ( or was it excitement:) ) of actually filing the claim I had a blonde moment and assumed one copy was for me to keep.

The lady at the court said it was ok though as minimum required was 2. One for them and one for Lloyds.They will contact me asap with claim number etc.

I filled all the bits in ok though with PLC etc and even put my middle name which doesnt see the light of day too often.( only time it really ever got used was when I was younger and my mum told me off lol ) So now its just wait and see.

Did they get back to you quite quickly with the claim no and court date ?

Sweetpants

****WON*****.

Hi Lucid

Well I am totally gobsmacked.Just got in from work to find a letter from Lloyds.

I opened it thinking there were going to be more threats and intimidation inside and what do I find..........an apology........for the upset and inconvenience caused as a result of receiving the enforcement letter.It was sent automatically and should have been suspended while the account was in dispute.

Someone pinch me cos im sure im dreaming this !!!!!:o

Do you think they are being nice in the hope that I wont file a claim.........If so they are too late :D

Sweetpants

****WON*****.

Hi Mindzai

Sorry cant get the scanner going so will copy it tomorrow

Sweetpants

• Haha 1

****WON*****.

Hi Mindzai

No problem.You have given me help and support so anything to return the favour. PM me the address and I will put a copy in the post today

Sweetpants

****WON*****.

Hi Mindzai

First class post this afternoon.Hope it helps

Sweetpants

****WON*****.

Hi Gary

Hope the move is going ok.

Yes it was surprising.They are still asking me to ring them as they now need my proposals to pay the balance of my account and want me to call collections to discuss the way forward.So polite !! I will have to ring them and let them know that I have filed a claim and once they pay me that it will leave me below my o/d limit but at least thats one threat off my back.

I half expected a long wait.When I handed it over the woman gave me a strange look so I said " yes its another one of those" lol

****WON*****.

• 4 weeks later...

Rang collections and as soon as she said was I able to pay amount owed and I replied that the account was in dispute she said she would record the fact on my file but that I may still get letters as they are automated.At least it should stop them ringing me twice a day....hopefully

****WON*****.

Cheers Gary

How did the interviews go....well I hope

****WON*****.

• 2 weeks later...

Lloyds filed an acknowledgement of service on 20th October and have 20 days to file a defence.The acknowledgement was filed by their solicitors Sechiari,Clark & Mitchell.

Lo and behold today I received a letter from S,C & M dated 3rd Nov with a formal demand for balance of account with daily interest.Giving me 7 days to pay before a court action is started against me.:mad:

****WON*****.

Anyone with any ideas of how I reply to this

****WON*****.

Hi Gary

Thanks.It just baffles me at times that the left hand doesnt seem to know what the right hand is doing with Lloyds.Its worrying really that these type of people are in charge of anyones finances.

****WON*****.