help re: request for further info

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

just wondering has anybody had a similar letter to mine.

This has come from Cobbetts regarding my claim with the RBOS. I replied to their request for further info with a letter explaining that I found their request to be intimidating as it does not apply to small claims and only the court can request further info.

They wrote:

we note your comments on our request for further information. it is our client's contention that that your particulars of claim did not properly particularise your claim.. EG: our client can cannot properly defend a claim when you have not given details of each charge you claim is disproportinate and unreasonable.

The court is bound by an overriding objective to deal with cases justly and ensure that parties are on an equal footing. It was claerly the case that our client could not respond to your claim where you did not provide sufficient particulars. Ouyr client thereforeb objects to your allegation that the request is intinidating.

I had sent a schedule of charges so surely I have detailed the particulars of my claim. Has anybody had a similar letter. Should I be concerned???? the solicitors also have a copy of the charges. Be grateful for any advice on this one.

many thanks:confused:

RBOS: Fob off letter recieved 28th June.

LBA for £2,690 & LBA for £3,240 sent 1st July. Replt to LBA'S recieved 14/7/06......fob off again!!! watch this space

:lol: MCOL submitted 19/07/06 :cool: