Lpa receivers taken my two btl's!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all

lpa receivers have marketed my btl for sale. I have had no correspondence from them what so ever. When it went in their hands i spoke to my mortgage provider (the west brom) and they told me that the reveivers will collect the rent on my behalf and that once the account was back up to date, they will look to transfer back in my control, so i left it at that, and what ever costs had been occured they will bill to the account.

i have two properties that they have taken but only one has been marketed yet.

is this not illegal?

what can i do to stop them from selling it?

can i get control back of it?

it has just come on the market at £30,000 less the market value.

please help

very distressed

hi thank you for viewing

no the accounts are still in arrears.

the property that they have marketed might be up-to-date but unsure, it had a long term tenent in who has left since they took over.

how can i stop them selling it and get control over the properties?

the second property has not been marketed, yet.

Afraid I dont know the answers, there are a lot of people on this site experiencing similar problems with LPA receivers, and lack of information etc.

There was talk of a group action at one stage, but I think that may have fallen by the wayside.

Im not a BTL victim personally, but have been trying to put ideas forward for those who are.

Ive been looking at unconscionable conduct as a cause of action, but a lot more research needs to be undertaken on this topic.

Hope someone else comes along soon who might be able to assist.

after looking around, all sorces point back to lodging a n244 form under sec 91, law of property act 1925.

i have the form with me

have you any knowledge of this because although many point in this direction none really go into depth.

thank you again for looking

the reason i metioned lpa1925 was because it was mentioned on other threads but not in detail. i think it was lpa 1925 (2) that was mentioned.

but i think i will be better off going to a solicitor.

thank you for looking

if there is anyone who has been in a similar position and has had success in fighting the lpa recievers please do get in touch.

There is CML industry guidance on BTL arrears and repossessions, maybe worthwhile you having a read of it to see if the lender has complied with the guidance. On saying that it is only guidance and not set in stone.

Search Results[PDF] Industry guidance on buy-to-let arrears and possessionsFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View

Industry guidance on buy-to-let arrears and possessions. Introduction. The Council of Mortgage Lenders has issued guidance on handling arrears and ...

http://www.cml.org.uk/.../Industryguidanceonbuy-to-letarrearsandpossessions.pdf?... - Similar

• 2 months later...

Re: LPA Recievers

If like me, you have baan affected by the appointment of LPA Receivers you might like to know that a campagin is underway to fight this injustice. It is being supported by other landlords, MP's and other organisations. It offers support and an opportunity to reverse the devastating effect this had on so many people. Let me know if you want to get involved.

We are portfolio company and we are trying to work closely with those affected by LPA recievers. We are meeting with three MP's and a highly successful barrister this week, hopefully some leglislation will be passed to stop what is happening. If you would like to get involved then please call us on 0330 9995050 (pressing option 4). If your BTL are being taken when a tenant could cover the rent then I just dont understand? Look forward to hearing from you.