• Tweets

• we know them well. you TOTALLY ignore them. NO DCA is a BAILIFF  
    • I've read loads of old messages about what to do but feel my case is different, it's a bit of a back story so ill break it down. - Had a letter from an Italian province in July of 2020 for a speeding offence in 2019 for 575 euros, was in a hire car I used for work, no longer work for them and heard nothing from either. - Thought blimey, but went to pay it anyway, it had doubled to over 1100 euros, yeah I can't afford paying that, filled out the attached information sheet to say it was me driving but I have no money or job due to COVID (true story) and sent it back (durrrr) - Heard nothing until December of 2023, a letter from an appointed solicitor from Florence saying if I don't pay, we will chase you through the legal system with costs born by you. - May of this year, I get a letter from CLI (Credit Limits International) saying they have been appointed to carry out the collection, £1475. - Stupidly, I started the 'three letter process' asking for proof etc, and they replied a few days ago with a copy of the fines I had received from Italy, they stated the debt has no terms and conditions as it relates to a fine in Italy and the debt is not subject to the Consumer Credit agreement. I translate that to "at the moment we don't own the debt and have been given authority from Italy to pursue the debt". That is where I am currently at, I would begrudge giving in and paying an obscene amount. As seen from similar threads, I know a threat of a visit is coming, followed by a threat of court action, but annoyingly it hasn't been mentioned how these cases were concluded and the threads are now locked. I've read to ignore them, but can't help but feel that because it's such a substantial amount that they will feel it's worthy of pursuing this no matter the hoops they have to jump through. Along with admitting it was me driving and opening the can of worms by contacting the DCA, it wouldn't look good for me should it ever get to a courtroom.  Has anyone with previous experience managed to 'get away with it'? Anyone know what they're capable of other than nagging me? I'm not after any moral judgment. Forgot to add, got friends in Italy, and one of them rang the Police where the fine came from, and her reply was “Tell your friend it’s not a big deal, it’s only a speeding fine we’re not going to chase him, tell him in future to take his foot off the gas, however it he returns to a Italy and gets control checked, he would be held until the fine is paid”  A bit odd I thought, considering I am being chased now.
    • take the SD card out and put on a pc/laptop then run recuva on it in  select videos only option select specific location hit browse then select drive letter of the SD card. then next  then deep scan then go have a cup of tea..  when done dont recover the all files back to the card select a new folder on your pc/laptop        
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Link Claimform Credit Card

angel_1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4737 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry to hear this angel.

If it's cc or loan charges they can be claimed, but there hasn't been a successful claim for bank charges since the supreme court judgment in 2009.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hiya Cadbury

many thanks for your help and info, so yes will make the offer, and if they do not accept is it then i do the n244 request to the court for the judge to decide the amount, would that be before they go for the charging order? and i guess need to do this sharply wont I?

and yes ive read up a bit on charging orders, understand like you have said, so it just sits there until you clear the debt or if you sell the house then the remaining amount is paid?

have i understood that right, ?

cheers angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

hiya caro

yes its a cc debt , thus if you say i can claim those charges and poss interest maybe??

should i first make my offer of payment?

then do a seperate request for the cc charges and poss interest amount?

does it make any difference the ccj is in place now or can i do the claim for the cc charges as a seperate issue?

just want to process this in the swifest manner and right way please

like cadbury has highlighted too, guess the offer is first

cheers angel x

REFLECTION - this afternoon i m thinking more of sending in a n245 with my income and expenditure form for the court to let creditor know and if it is rejected then for the court to ascertain the amount on a monthly basis of what i can afford. this may be more beneficial for me then waiting on a charging order claim from them even if i offer them something in writing which they may or may not accept, as its a forthwith ccj my gut feeling is to get an installment agreed legally by the court not by me waiting on the creditor to agree or disagree with me

i hope you think im thinking straight, but feel free to let me know if im doing it backwards and not in my best interests this way cheers angel x

Edited by angel_1

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi Angel

In our case, it was my oh,s debt, and Ccj was issued forthwith. A Interim C/o was also issued.

I replied for a redirmination, and had the hearing at the same time as the C/O defense.

I armed myself with a I & e, bank statements, Wage Slips etc. The judge didn't even look at these but ordered a amount We asked for, then granted the C/O.

It's up to you Angel, but I would immediatly apply for a definitive amount to be ordered,by the court.This will not neccessarly avoid a C/o but will set the payments.

In the case of Charging Orders, were only 1 person is the debtor and the House is in joint names the C/O can only be registered as a restriction, which IMO only means you need to notify the creditor upon sale of your property.

See "'charging order the myth" on Money Saving Expert or Google.Lots of debate on this, so many disagree.

Won't Know definetly untill I sell my house.

In summary I would get the CCJ changed from forthwith to an installment order,

and don't worry to much if they go for a C/O.

In theory C/O can be made into "Orders for Sale" however

these are as rare as Hens Teeth.

All the Best

Cadbury

Angel

Just catching up. I agree it's probably best to get Court involved re monthly amount to be paid - hopefully based totally on your own I&E only. THEN, when this is in place and can't be changed by the Creditor, put in your claim for refund of ALL charges and contractual interest charged on them. It will not get you a refund but WILL reduce the amount owed - and thus the length of time you need to pay them.

AS everyone seems to be saying - Don't worry about charging order. They may well not apply for this if the monthly amounts are being paid regularly, and even if they do, it's pretty toothless unless/until you sell up - and even then, if only a small% of the equity released, it's probably got minimum impact on your future plans/capabilities.

Good luck!

BD

hello Cadbury and Bigdebtor

you have both confirmed my thoughts and eased my worries, thank you so much, and yes the charging order will only be a restriction i got that from national debtline when i rang them before xmas, so whilst i understood it - i feel i can now relate to it more from your own experiences, so yes, i guess its just a security for the funds excercise from the creditor,,,

i will let you know when i hear from the court if its accepted or if i have to attend an hearing,

again thanks to everyone who has given me my dignity back with your huge help and including everyone who has responded to me on this particular worry - may i be in a position one day to help you all in a different way and next pay day will be sending in another donation to the site

have a fun day will catch up with you all over the weekend, and yes i will work out the charges, albeit i dont think it s a huge amount but even a couple of hundred is better then nothing and that would be to this creditor who holds the ccj? and not the original creditor?

cheers angel x

You need to claim the charges back from the original creditor and tell them you want it in the form of a cheque or payment into your bank account if that's what you want.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

You need to claim the charges back from the original creditor and tell them you want it in the form of a cheque or payment into your bank account if that's what you want.

hiya caro, i see and thats after ive got the payment amount in place with the ccj creditor>?

cheers angel x

I see no reason to delay claiming back the charges.

cheers caro

angel have a fab day all

Caro

I don't agree. I think Angel should get the monthly payment agreed BEFORE reclaiming charges (to avoid alienating the other party so they become intransigent) - UNLESS the total to be reclaimed is a significant portion of the current balance - which may substantially reduce how much the monthly payment should be.

I do agree she should ask for this refund by cheque or bank transfer - i.e. not just used to reduce the balance - but I don't think it's that unreasonable for this amount to just go to reduce the balance - if that is what the refiunder insists on.

BD

I see your point BD. I wouldn't bust a gut over it either way.

thank you bigdebtor and caro

charges refund looking at the figures will not dramatically reduce the amount due but will do just to reduce it by the figure nevertheless ,

thanks again for your points of view highly appreciated as always

cheers angel x

Don't forget the interest on the charges at the contractual rate angel. That can make quite a difference.

yes caro thank you

i know there is a thread ive saved sometime ago about calculcating it all, but if there is a simple one that even i can understand would appreciate a link - LOL my brain is sore at the moment cheers angel x

See how you get on with this Angel.:-)

interestcalcs.xls

tha you caro for the link appreciated

also everyone

my update on this sorry state of affairs,

is that i went to cab and they helped with my budget sheet properly as id panicked at the court case my budget to pay this debt was not done correctly by me as id missed off stuff,

the amount is low which in reflection is what is really left over once ive paid for things i do need, car for my job, bills and food expenses,

i understand from cab and the court when i handed in my form that this would go to the creditor and they had a couple of weeks, if they dont accept then it goes back to my local court for a court official to look at it and decide if its appropriate and rubber stamp it,

i really do hope they do at least for a few months i would have peace of mind and then i can get my friend to clear it as fast as poss

- just a shame i have the ccj for the next 6 yrs even though i could eventually i hope get it showing satisfied

what i nightmare hope others learn from this experience of mine and also have stopped the bailiffs coming to the house until the decision is made

- will work on the charges back this weekend and will update you if i hear anythings on this situation cheers for your help and not forgotten about a money donation angel x

• dx100uk changed the title to Link Claimform Credit Card