• Tweets

• I am sorry I am not aware of this report from IAS assessors? The Court will consider my application at a online hearing in June. The Court instructed me to send Bank copies of my sons condition proving he could not have been the driver I have heard nothing further. My son is not aware of any proceedings I have not involved him to avoid causing him distress, he has been sectioned a fair few times and I need to avoid this happening.
    • I am very pleased that the Court has taken the decision to allow you to  represent your son and hope that he is happy enough with that to relieve the stress he will also be feeling. I do agree that Bank parking are so insensitive, greedy, horrible etc etc to continue proceedings considering  in what it is a very minor case of a wrong number plate . Even their  own  IAS Assessors, who are normally hopelessly biased in favour of their members, went out on a limb and said  " The Operator's evidence shows no payment for the Appellant's vehicle, or anything similar. It does show two payments for the same registration in quick succession. I would take a reasonable guess, based on the circumstances described, that the person paying has paid for the registration of the person they assisted again." That is damning evidence and you must take that report with you as well as including that in your Witness Statement which we will help you with. I would expect that Bank would discontinue the case at that point.  But I am sorry to say  that you should not count on it.  
    • Evening all,   I have deliberated over this offer for two weeks and I have decided to take their offer. I do understand that some may prefer us to go to court and receive a judgement but with our personal circumstances and my current military commitment that could become an issue. I am so grateful for all the help and support you have all offered me over the last few months. I will continue to monitor this site and push all those that are being wrong to get in touch.   Thank you! what you all do is truly amazing!
    • When I first responded to the PAPLOC, and received that 29 page junk back it was accompanied with a letter saying that they had already responded to my request back on Feb 18th 2023,(I never received it). I was just clearing out some paperwork today and found a letter from Lowell, dated Feb 17th 2023, explaining that they were still waiting for the documents from PayPal, and my account was on hold  until further notice.  Does this mean they were lying and can it be used against them if this goes any further? I have now filed my defence, and have had an acknowledgement from Overdales and the court. A little threatening from Overdales , explaining that part of my defence was invalid because they have now complied with the CCA, and they were still waiting for the Default notice from PayPal.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Vodafone - Default Removal**Resolved**

ncarter81
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone can help.

I had a contract for 18 months with Vodafone. I have good credit history and I never once missed a payment with them. My account was in perfect order with them throughout the duration of my contract with them.

I managed my account fully online via their customer portal and rarely needed to call them. I went into the Vodafone shop before I bought my new house in November 2008 and asked if I could change my address. They advised me to go online and change the address or call customer services.

So I went on my account online and changed my address to my new address and I thought that was all I needed to do. This contract only ended at the end of 2009/start of 2010. I wrote in my letter giving 30 days notice, which had my NEW address in the corner.

To my horror, I recieved a debt letter earlier this year from a debt collection agency demanding £15 payment. When I questioned them about this on the phone, they asked me my address and I gave them my current address and they told me that the address that they had on file was different. They had my old address. So even though I had changed my details online on my Vodafone account, they still sent the final bill to my old address, and I got a default because I never recieved the last bill.

I quickly paid the £15. I would have done this straight away if I had received the final bill to my correct address, as my account history would show, I never missed a payment. Because of this, I have a default on my credit file which shows as satisifed but it is still a default and will remain there for 6 years. I will be moving house soon and will be looking to get a new mortgage but I will not be able to. I have also been trying to do balance transfers on my credit cards and no lender will now give me a card. My wife is also unable to and her credit history is impeccable. My credit score has dropped considerably and it is stressing us out.

It feels very unfair that I am going to suffer financially through not fault of my own. I contacted Experian and they got back to me and they said they had spoken to Vodafone and there was nothing they could do for me. They could only remove the default if Vodafone authorised them too. I contacted Vodafone over a week ago on their website regarding this. I have heard nothing from them at all. I called them regarding the matter and an advisor said she would be emailing another team who would deal with it and contact me within 14 days. I have heard nothing.

I have since wrote a letter to Vodafone. Considering I was an excellent customer who paid ontime every month, I do feel like I have been treated very unfairly and their service regarding this matter has been extremely poor.

Does anyone have any advice for me as to what to do to get this default removed from my credit file.

Thanks

Nathan

Hiya thanks for the reply. I googled for the same issue I'm having and this site was top of the list with a Vodafone rep on there so hopefully someone will be able to help me out.

I'm mortified that my credit score has dropped in to the 'POOR' category because of this and nobody will touch me. I would hold my hands up and say fair play if it was actually my own doing =(

Here is the response I got:

Re: Default removal - WRT135 [#3959688]

I imagine that is the reference number! I closed the webpage down straight away after sending the email. That's the reference I received via email so hopefully that will do =)

I do hope so. The way Vodafone have handled my complaint so far has been shocking. This forum seems to be littered with similar stuff about Vodafone too. Shame really, as I never had one bit of bother with them when I was with them. They were always great. The only reason I left was because my employer (Virgin) give me an unbeatable mobile deal which Vodafone couldn't match, otherwise I would have stayed with them.

I've read good things about Lee so hopefully he or one of his team members can sort this problem out for me once and for all. It would be a huge weight lifted off my shoulders and get rid of a lot of stress.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow,

Add this to the resolved list. Excellent work by Lee. You are a credit to Vodafone. Rest assured when my contract runs out I will be coming back (Virgin don't do iPhone). My credit score is now good and no default on file. I really cannot thank you enough.

** Rep added!!

Thanks

Nathan

Edited by ncarter81
  • Haha 1