Jump to content

Full and final settlement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



I would like some advice regarding tactics.


My sister in law took out a loan with the Bank of Scotland in 2005 for 25k with PPI. Within a year she had defaulted on this debt and a number of other debts. She then employed the services of a Debt management company who arranged a rpp on her behalf. In 2008 she was contacted by a company who advised her that she may have been misold PPI. They got 6k plus written off of the debt but charged her £1750. I have discovered that the debt has been bought outright by Direct legal & collections and the balance is just over 10k.


We are now is a position to offer a full and final settlement and would like some advice on how to proceed. I intend to request a CCA but want to know what to offer in the event of getting one and not getting one. My sister in law is in poor mental health and wouldn't want to play hardball with the DCA.


How low should I go??





Link to post
Share on other sites

start off low..........


some say 10% to give you leeway going upwards but beware and only accept under your conditions


i.e that yiou are fully discharged from the debt


that them or no other third party will seek to receover any amount


all adverse data is removed from the credit files

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.


Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I have learned that DLC/Hillesden have bought this debt. I have requested a CCA from them and I got this reply. What do they mean when say if they cannot supply a copy of the original agreement they will supply a copy of the true agreement. What is the difference?


My understanding that an agreement unsigned by the debtor is absolutely unenforceable.


Any advice on how I should proceed.


P.S. the DCA are still messing about regarding the correct balance. It seems they haven't taken away the PPI rebate when doing their calculation.

Hillesden Securities Ltd.doc

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...