miranda123

request for copies of loan agreements going back 15 years

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3629 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I'm looking to make a county court claim against LLoyds for missold PPI dating back 15, 12 and 9 years, and have written to request copies of loan agreements. I'm expecting them to say that they have destroyed docs, and am prepared to make an application for specific disclosure at court, however just wondered if anyone has had any success with getting docs - bank statements or otherwise - from Lloyds further back than six years. sorry if this is an old repeated topic, but am new to the forum. Many thanks

Hi Miranda - Welcome to CAG!

Regarding LTSB, under a SAR I managed to get account statements going back 10 years and loan statements (but not the loan agreements themselves which I already had copies of) going back 9 years. LTSB said they no longer had copies of agreements for earlier loans (mid 1980s - late 1990s) and I've also tried CCAing these but to no avail. Not sure if anyone has had success getting really old docs through CPR requests as I guess they do actually destroy them at some point.............regarding the 9 year old PPI - how long ago did the agreement end? I ask this because they are legally obliged to keep the docs for 6 years after the agreement comes to an end.

By the way, are you not going to explore the FOS route first?

Good Luck and let us know how you get on!

Landy x

• Haha 1

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Hi Lindy, thanks v. much for the prompt reply and info. The reason why I'm considering the court route first is because i expect Lloyds to say that they have destroyed docs in the 1990s and the FO would not make a favourable ruling if they did not have the relevant agreement, so i am expecting to make a SRD through the court. I do have a legal background, but no experience of consumer law, so I'm aware of the court process. One of the Loans i had in the 1990s was a student professional studies loan, I'm assuming PPI should not be sold on this type of loan. Anyway, i'll wait to hear from Lloyds and post a reply. Thanks again for your help!