New Comedy Double Act RRG and Toyota GB Part 2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Back again ready for the next 12 and a half miles.

Could I also begin with thanking this Site and Forum for at least reinforcing the most important thing to me.

1) My sanity. That I'm not going mad.

2) My honest and truthful character.

Put Toyota GB and RRG together and you've got the worst comedy act since Mike & Bernie Winters. Perhaps that's why RRG have chosen the 1960's as their new advertising campaign?

What was noticably absent in the 1960's was 'spin'. A time when someone told you something and you believed them. Invariably on account of 'mutual trust' and because you, the valued customer were treated with respect.

Nowadays, you're an inconvenient nuisance when, £8000 plus, lighter in the pocket you have the downright audacity to complain that your pension savings, spent on the brand new car, because you no longer earn any interest on them in the bank, would most definately have been better spent on a 'good reliable, 12 months tax and mot, one careful lady owner,' runaround from the Auto Trader.

That you didn't then find, that you had been intentionally misled, failed, fobbed off.

That your truthful allegations were denied, and official documents requested were not disclosed

That although you were rightly concerned and attempted to resolve the problems, you were encountering, it was you, the now unreasonable not valued customer, who was painted as being totally unrealistic in you expectations of your new car.

The dealership are being unreasonable

The arrogant attitude of the Dealerships is shameful

I raised a complaint with Toyota customer services and the treatment I recieved was terrible in fact the worst treatment I had received from any company I have dealt with.

Every highlighted word along with the statements above express entirely, our own honest, truthful and most of all 'fact' based expereince of dealing with both RRG Bolton and Toyota GB. However, they are not our written words.

They are the words and documented accounts demonstrating the absolute distress and frustration of a growing band of many. The 'new' millenium Toyota Customer, who in some cases is also a 'loyal' Toyota Customer of past decades such as the '60's.

Type in RRG complaints on the Toyota Owners Club alone and see for yourself, but make sure you have plenty of spare time to read them all.

Extend your search further and you'll see why after 30 years, you should as we should have 'stuck' with Nissan, or Vauxhall or Ford. Whoever was most deserving of your loyalty, because in 30 plus years of driving, you'd never expereinced the like until you stepped up to a Toyota. 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!'

Suggested Google Search Criteria:

RRG Complaints

Toyota GB Complaints

Toyota Complaints

Online Claims Against RRG for 'injury to feelings' (Which was suprisingly when this site came up)

Catherine Block

Andy Sharman

Dimitrios Biller

You will find to your relief or distress that the 'complaints' are not just a trickle but a torrent.

Bad enough that your joy at owning a brand new car beomes a nightmare and that you must be inconvenienced over and over again having to leave your car with RRG Bolton in order to have repairs done for a second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth time.

But then, should you have the absolute audacity to complain, you will become party to a campaign to assassinate, discredit and smear what you know to be your absolute truthful and honorable and trustworthy character.

Toyota in their wisdom decided to throw away decades of 'Trust ' Quote; ' The lesson that good ethics can be good business was forgotten by Toyota. Toyota executives have said they lost their focus on quality as they strove for market share, and became more focused on meeting their sales targets, rather than a warning that the company was getting sloppy.'

John Thomsom, marketing director at Toyota GB, has recently spent £20 million in an effort to buy back decades of ' Trust ' "It's a personal commitment to quality by all our team members. It's a very humann approach, and a very confident tone about what Toyota stands for."

Toyota's road to recovery

by Auto Headlines

However, Richard Tolley of Marketing consultancy Crux Strategy, warns that the claims of quality may fall on deaf ears. ' If I were a consumer, I'd be asking "if they had all this quality control in place, how did they end up in this situation?" he says.

Tolley, adds that advertising can help ' build on existing foundations ' to enhance the reputation of a brand that has been dragged through the mire, but that advertising alone cannot actually form the basis of a recovery. Yet, if it fails to convince the skeptical public, it may actually exacerbate a bad situation.

Should theToyota new car buyer of 2010 be ' skeptical ' ? He/she can make whatever decision they like, I suggest only that it be based upon ' fact '

Toyota are market leaders and I suspect there are a high percentage of Toyota Cars that are fit for the purpose for which they were purchased, but if you do happen to be stuck with a lemon Toyota which because of your own moral values you are reluctant to ' sell on ' to another victim then prepare yourself for an extremely long and distressing rocky ride.

You will however not be party to John Thomson, marketing director at Toyota GB, most recent absolute assurance in his £20 million campaign of ' stress free driving that goes on and on for years and years,' in fact it will be anything but, in my experience.

Do your homework as I/we have done and you will find that you are in good, honest and honorable company of others, equally as distressed and dissatisfied.

According to Alan Barett, Customer Relations Manager at Toyota GB in his response to our ' complaint ' 20th August 2010, he assures me that I must be an isloated case as; " It is very rare when an impasse has been reached between one of our Toyota Centres' and the Customer." so in effect claiming that it is the dealership at fault and nothing to do with Toyota.

Whislt I can concur, Yes, it's extremely ' regrettable, ' it would appear that it is in fact far from rare!

So, do I drive an RRG Yaris or as I thought a Toyota Yaris?.

I look forward to making a contribution to the site upon reaching an amicably agreed 'resolution' involving RRG Bolton, Toyota GB and Toyota and also taking into account the 'Consumer Precedent' made in the recent British Gas case where ' complaint time and inconvenience ' expenses were settled in the form of a ' goodwill ' payment from British Gas to the Complainant.

Thank You

Edited by L7 CBB v RRG

Apologies, for not posting correctly it’s a new learning curve for me, and also, I’ve been banging my head against a brick wall for so many months that I’m beginning to lose the plot.

I should have posted the specific details of ‘what the problem is,’ with the said Toyota Yaris, before I put up my rant. In defense I’m so used to dealing with RRG Bolton and Toyota GB

who know exactly ‘what the problem is,’ because it’s documented on all their work sheets (well, the ones’ they’ll actually disclose and it even has it’s very own case ref no: ***793)

The car, a Toyota Yaris was purhased on 15th January 2009. Below are listed the number of times it has been returned to RRG Bolton for checks, repairs and replacement of parts.

11/02/2009 Mileage 758

600 MILE CHECK, INDICATER DOESN’T SEEM TO TURN OFF UNLESS HE DOES A

SHARP TURN.

TECH CHECKED OPERATION OK.

05/06/2009 Mileage 3121

WHEN PUTS ON FULL LOCK HEARS A GRINDING NOISE

STRIP FRONT BRAKES TO INSPECT RE: ROB

Front brake discs scored

Carried out brake disc skim & replaced pads

Removed rear shoes chamfered edges

Shoe adjuster sticking freed off.

29/10/2009 Mileage 8123

TECH REPORTED WATER PUMP LEAKING

Warranty Work

REPLACED WATER PUMP DUE TO LEAK FROM FAILED INTERNAL SEAL

COOLANT

PUMP ASSY WATER

ALSO

REPLACED BRAKE DISCS AND PADS

DISC PAD FRONT

customer request ref: Mike

HUB FRONT AXLE

13/04/2010 Mileage 10633

PEDAL RECALL SOPE 0503B

GAP

BAR SIZE

PLATE ACC2.6F

Toyota A Check sheet Needs urgent attention ****

PROMISED BUT NEVER RECEIVED

REQUESTED FORMALLY ON 4 SEPARATE OCASSIONS

DOCUMENT STILL NOT DISCLOSED

20/04/2010 Mileage 10809

CREAKING NOISE FROM STEERING

PREMATURE WEAR ON SHOCKER TOPS

REPLACED SUSPENSION TOP MOUNTS (RUBBER) FRONT

WARRANTY WORK. CUSTOMER COMPLAINT

BUMPSTOP FR.SPR

28/07/2010 Mileage 13576

CHECK FOR CREAKING FROM STEERING ON BOTH LOCKS

HAS HAD PROBLEMS BEFORE AND WE REPLACED TOP MOUNTS

EXCESS FREEPLAY IN TOP MOUNTS

REPLACE SUSPENSION TOP MOUNTS

SUPPORT FR. SUSP

SUPPORT. FR SUSP

As I said I'm a complete novice at this and for some reason even though I had saved in Notepad (ansi code) along with Microsoft Works Word Processor I was unable to copy and paste from either from my computer to this Forum, that is until 10 minutes ago when I downloaded Firefox and everything now seems to be working OK.

I have another epic to upload detailing everything from start to finish 15th January 2009 to 20th August 2010 I've been typing it out since 5am this morning, so will post it as a seperate thread, appropriately copied and pasted from doc's, sometime this afternoon. At least by the time I've finished dealing with this complaint my IT skills will be 100% improved, and the new car buying general public will be able to view a balanced account of buying a Toyota.

I am currently constructing a website and blog. putting all the Toyota, RRG complaints in one domain with links to newspaper articles, Consumer Websites (this one most definitely) etc. Sarah Pennells Editor, www.savvywoman.co.uk Sarah Pennells is the lady who spoke on bbc tv about the British Gas award for time spent dealing with complaints.

Hi Chris,

I just wanted to drop you a quick email to apologise for not having got back to you earlier. It's been a rather busy week but I'm hoping to catch up with emails over the weekend. I'll get back to you either later today or tomorrow.

Best wishes

Sarah

Imagine if Sarah had been the person who got landed with 'our ' Toyota Yaris and how much work she'd have been able to get done, going back and to the dealership twice a day on more than 6 seperate ocassions.

Thinking Toyota? Think Again!

Edited by L7 CBB v RRG
punctuation and spelling