A&L now going by Santader's Rules.

Bigpip
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, First post so I hope it's ok.

I was expecting a £75 charge because I had gone over my overdraft (after they applied a £55 fee for the previous month). I'm unemployed in receipt of £65 jobseekers allowance so clearly this is one that's really going to bite.

I rang their customer line which took me 20 minutes to get through to someone, after going around in circles and eventually spoke to someone who said that on this occasion, they would waive the charges but as it's now Santander, they will only do this once in a 12 month period.

I know this is going to happen again and I'm dreading the next set of charges. I've just had an IVA fail because I'm unemployed so I'm really unsure of what the next step is going to be.

I know the post is a bit of a ramble and I apologise for that.

All the best.

think you need to send them the notice of appropriation letter

see the sticky: is your bank taking your benefits.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 months later...

Unfortunately since they won the High Court case the banks have realised that they can charge whatever they wish, and seem to have increased their fees to what are effectively fixed penalties. Like all such fines they take no account of ability to pay, nor indeed culpability. Any bank will have its pound of flesh even if that leaves you starving. Never forget, the shadowy individuals at the top of the industry are no more than crooks.

• 3 weeks later...

I now notice that I'm being charged £20 per month for using the overdraft facility. Not only that I get a £5.00 "Settlement of fees" charge too. So I'm now suddenly being ripped off for £25.00 extra per month, £300.00 per year for using a £300.00 overdraft facility.

Think I may have to change banks again.