• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

CAG Site upgrade - thread 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

... Oh bum, I'm using Chrome these days and the toolbar isn't compatible. Webbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! ;razz:

Are the pages rendering ok for you in Chrome??

Clicking 'Go Advanced' in the Reply really messes up and there are lots of other big 'niggles' in Chrome for me :evil:

And I was trying to search the thread for 'Chrome'

The results came back, but all they did was refer to the thread as a whole rather than the individual posts

Errrr why search a thread and not have posts returned ....

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tried that sweetie - all I got was a thread from the BG about drinking loads of vodka whilst making a Christmas cake :p

I've done a forum search and that hasn't brought my thread up either :Cry:

try google with

site:consumeractiongroup.co.uk and then your search words

that will only search the site

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Done that gh - only brings up my most recent thread on Cabot :-(

PM me with what you are looking for if you want and I will find it for you

how do you edit your signiture now?

Been on the "about me" page, clicked "edit about me", but it does nothing?

Any suggestions

Top right of page - click 'My Settings'

or this link might work hmmm the buttons above the edit box don't work in Chrome :-( - (can't replicate it so don't worry)

here's the paste link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/profile.php?do=editsignature

Edited by gh2008
cannot replicate the buttons not working

Looking further into 'the Chrome issue' it seems to be the javascript 'popupctrl' that is causing the problems.

On page load all the controls are expanded into scrollable lists

You can click on a control and it will disappear, however, on mousehover (or in/out whatever it uses) there are also very strange things happening, especially with the thread tools & search box.

Mousehover over thread tools once it is 'docked' and the search nox disappears and all controls shuffle to the right, mouse hover over the search button and the box reappears.

There is obviously something fundamental in the implementation of the popup controls that just doesn't get on with Chrome's engine.

Unfortunately I'm not a web programmer nor Javascript - give me an embedded 8051 assembler problem and I'd be onto it ;-) :lol: although I am just starting to have a look at C# & WPF

The words LOOK like English... :razz:

tell me about it :lol:

more info re the popupctrl in Chrome

it doesn't actually 'popup' it 'pops into' the exiting layout

(I think this may be the fundamental problem with them)

Ok, enjoying ladylike-wise my satisfaction at it working the way I was hoping for. Hooray! *daintily waves a flag* :razz:

Oh no the 'power of success' going to her head now ;-)

from my limited knowledge of web programming - is the popupbody style missing?

Looking at this site & the vbulletin forum (which works fine in Chrome) the inherited style for a popupbody is missing on here

Don't know if this helps, but these are the style properties (as Chrome sees them) for the 'Thread tools' popupctrl element

The main difference it seems is the display properties and the alignment ones

Vbulletin - works ok in Chrome

Vbulletin.jpg

CAG - doesn't ;-)

cag.jpg

I can see the popupbody style in our css - line 1306 of pete_common_headinclude_v1.css . I see what you mean about the difference with vbulletin.com, I'd been working more on the idea that we had a missing 'display:none' to hide the menus by default

For some reason Photobucket won't show my 2nd pic but if you want to look at the inheritance tree for the CSS for that element, I've got them here http://s904.photobucket.com/albums/ac241/gh2008_photo/

I can see the popupbody style in our css - line 1306 of pete_common_headinclude_v1.css . I see what you mean about the difference with vbulletin.com, I'd been working more on the idea that we had a missing 'display:none' to hide the menus by default

The problem is, for some reason Chrome is not 'finding' the .popupbody class in the style sheet (nice thing about Chrome is that you have a really good set of developer tools builtin so you can see what it is actually doing)

As to why it is not finding the class in the file ... Normally I would guess at a missing closing brace or something like that, but can't see anything - very frustrating and not having the source I am limited as to what I can do to help :-(

Good luck in finding it - I will still keep looking.

very dirty fix to the 'Chrome issue' is to move the .popupbody class from line 1306 and put it in earlier in the file - I've got it working with it in at line 66

(and yes I did create a local static webpage and css file so I could 'play :lol: )

Yep, 'pat on the back' Webby Chrome is now usable - there are still a couple of style niggles when rendering in Chrome which I'll try and hunt down

Biggest difference with the site as a whole is SPEED !!!

re the Chrome fix - amazing what a single quick 'n' dirty fix can do

real job is finding out why it wouldn't work before :lol:

don't you just love IT :D

• Haha 1

I still have a couple of niggles, but as they're mainly visual tweak, they can wait.

Which visual niggles Bookie? I can help with those as I can just update my 'offline' page and style sheets and work with those

Chrome seems to be very fussy with the layout of the stylesheets whereas IE, FF, Opera all seem not to care so much.

& lets Webby concentrate on the 'real issues' well the ones that affect everyone

Capture2-1.jpg

and

Capture1.jpg

as you can see, no biggie. ;-)

Ok, the first can be fixed by editing the template file, finding the line which produces this

</pre>
<li class="popupmenu">View First Unread&nbs

and changing it to

</pre>
<li class="popupmenu">View First Unread&nbs

i.e. an &nbsp after Unread (I know another 'dirty Fix') just gives a little more space for the image which is a background image and Chrome renders it very tight to the text.

Fix tested in Chrome, FF, IE

What's wrong with the 2nd one Bookie - can't see for looking

If you use FF or Chrome then AdBlock is your friend (sorry site-team but I find them very annoying as well)

Another niggle, when someone is quoted there is a link to their post, looks like this viewpost-right.png. That is only linking to the 1st post in the thread at the moment.

This one is a major issue.

Basically when the site was upgraded (I guess) the database was re-indexed. Problem is with deleted posts etc etc the original indexes would have had posts 'missing' gaps in the index.

When these get re-indexed these gaps are closed up.

So, the problem is that the historic threads have the index to the quoted post 'hard coded' into the page. And now the index number doesn't make sense.

An absolute nightmare to fix IMHO, and moreso as time goes on as each post made since the upgrade will be reusing post #s from the original site.

I may be completely wrong though :D I am just a user on here

The 'ad issue' is easily solved, but that is obviously a decision that has to be made by 'the boss'

It clearly doesn't work where it is, and it can easily be put underneath the last post or down the left beside the last post. Or slightly more involved, formatting the quote to 'give it room'

I'm sure this will be sorted once the 'real usability' issues are dealt with.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks