Hello all..driver crashed into my parked car.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They have issued me with a courtesy car and if im not happy with the offer and end up fighting for the true vaule will they take the car back as I need a car for work... any info would be greatly welcomed. Thanks again

Did you get hold of the 3rd parties Insurance details ?

If yes, you would claim courtesy/hire costs from the 3rd parties Insurance for the relevant period, but must be justifiable.

If no, then normally the courtesy car provided by Insurers, will only be for up to 14 days max. Check with your Insurers.

Re settlement value, yes Insurers will use glass.co.uk guide to help them assess the value. They will also look at any information that you supply them to support your valuation e.g. service history, repairs to car. BUT they don't have to accept any small ads showing cars for sale, as the FOS have ruled that Insurers don't have to. The FOS position on the cars shown for sale in the small ads, is that these are the values sellers hope to achieve, not actual prices obtained. You have to negotiate hard to get as much as you can. If you can't reach agreement, Insurers may have an independent arbitration service to help assess settlement or you could go to the FOS if need be. But this could delay settlement for many months. So better if you can to reach agreement with the Insurers.

In regard to the childs car seat, if you have details of the make/model, then I am sure that will suffice.

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

£304 salvage/recovery fee ? Sounds like it. Ask the if this is what they are talking about.

In regard to the current situation, what you can normally do is provisionally accept the settlement, they send you the cheque, but make it clear that this is not final acceptance of settlement for the market value. You are entitled to continue negotiating final settlement and if necessary use the Insurers independent adjudicator or FOS to decide on the settlement value. If you went for adjudication, you could be waiting quite awhile before you received any extra.

You would obviously keep this is writing, so you can document your side of the story.

The hire car would only normally be provided for a reasonable period, so ask them to confirm how long you can keep the car on the above basis. They might be willing to provide the hire car for a few more weeks, until you have the banked the provisional settlement and arranged alternative transport.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I thought that if the 3rd party Insurers were settling the total loss claim, the FOS could get involved.

I seem to remember reading this somewhere. I realise they don't normally get involved when it relates to someone elses policy.