• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

dwp forcing me into a job

naz_zzz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The last job I had I got through a work experience scheam while on new deal. did 12 weeks on jsa + £15. they wanted to keep me and had 6 other drivers that had started full time fron this scheam in the past. the manager told me the first week I was better than the usual dead heads, p*** heads and junkies they usually get and the 6 they did take on wernt a patch on me. They wanted me full time but didnt have a full time job for 6 months. the training providers went to an agency in the city that arranged for me to stay their for 6 months on minium wage, the company paid half the wage and the agency paid the other half. the biggest draw back was I could only work 37hrs. I was flexible with these hours and even did a couple of hours on a weekend cash in hand. the company closed that section down 3 weeks before the 6 months were up every one was laid off except me they kept me for the last 3 weeks of my 6 months to help clear the yard. the manager said if it had been any one else I would have gone with the others but unlike the others when told the company was closing I didnt get bitter and take it out on the manager, who to be fair had no control over the closure. I also still did my job still turnned up on time. when I finaly left I was 1 of 2 people who the manager gave his phone number to and promissed a glowing reference, this was after 9 months work. thats 2 people with references out of 12 staff most of whom had been their for years.

The thing is the job was below me I was way over qualified and the money was crap but I still gave it my best. thats why the training provider was told I was the only one they ever sent their who had any work ethic.

my point been (as long winded as it is) the money may not be good but filling a void in your cv and the references you get if you give it your best are worth it. Your also in a position to here about jobs from the customers.

And of course the satisfaction of doing a good job and having somewhere to go every day is nice as well.

• Haha 1

I was told life was supposed to be one long learning curve.

Mines more a series of hairpin bends.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if it comes to it apply for the jobs they say and if you get an interview screw it up its easy done, I just start going on about the time ill need of for blood test and my 6 monthly retinal scans thats usually a job killer.

unfortunately the systems set up with dead head scroungers in mind, its geared to get these of their bumps and into work unfortunately it dosnt leave a lot of manuvering room for people such as yourself. their are ways and means around this as proved by the number of dead head scroungers on the dole. you just need to think your way through it. if JC think your trying they will not push you just try not to give them attitude or youll get their backs up.

Because in my experience the JC treat people like dirt, make no effort to offer help of any kind, farm people off to these awful providers (like a4e) and don't canvas for or look for work on the 'customers' behalf (as the cusomter himself has to). They are petty dictators and bureacrats and half the reason for my current stress and anxiety is having to deal with them, and I dread having to do so again if i stop receiving ESA.

most of the job centre staff I've seen have been ok. theirs been the odd pratt who looked down their nose at me but most have been ok. I think It depends on how you treat them and what efforts you make to find work. If they pull a job up on the computer and I say no its usually for a reason, I tell them that reason and its usually a good one eg: lack of qualifications, relevant licence or certificates or health probs. If you take the pee they dont like it. ive told them no on money ground for a few jobs mainly because their min wage and to far away. or the other side of the humber bridge. told them once you take travel/bridge costs in to account your getting less than on the dole. they never push it. if ive no good reason for turning it down I apply for it I've only had 1 interview out of one of these applications and I messed that up by discussing my health issus.

in the end it all comes down to people. The JC/DWP staff are people and the unemployed are people (just) and with people every where these groups consist of all sorts The good, the bad and the ugly (and god knows theirs some ugly ones) but if your lucky youll get the good ones, if your unlucky youll get the ugly ones and if your really unlucky youll get the bad ones. unfortunately thats life youve got to do your best with what your given if you get depressed or strest you end up in the sh#t, so keep your head on straight and remeber this is a game youve gotta win.

Ive had the odd bad one and found that if you show interest in everyting and pretend their doing some good their egos will love to see you every fortnight. ask about training, especially expensive training cos they wont give you it if its expensive. get jobs of the job point that you might like but dont have the qualifications for and ask if they can set you up on any goverment scheams that will get you qualified. I can garantee they wont have any scheams but you will have earned brownie points because your seen to be trying and they will love you for it. it makes life a lot easier for you and in my case my personal adviser bent a few rule and told a few lies to get me on a refresher course that I didnt qualifie for because I had the wrong post code. God (or in this cas JC) helps thoughs who help them selves.

And remember DONT LET THE BUG##RS GET YA DOWN

Edited by bigsteve0000

they can stop money if you have savings or other means of support,however those without savings are entitled to hardship provision.

problems can arise when separate conditions apply such as on new deal,however hardship payments' (reduced jobseekers) again no one can be left without nothing i have never known this to happen.

as mentioned always appeal against any sanction,this is an absolute must whatever the reason.

I suggest you read this thread and see just what they can leave you without

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/263195-benefits-stopped-because-i.html

trouble is everyting that you do with DWP involves your NI number. you cant talk to any one on the phone without they ask it, when you sign on they put the NI num in the computer not your name. when you reduce people to numbers its easy to forget that your dealing with people and when you tell people their screwed by letter you dont see the dispur you cause.

Edited by 42man

when your sat on the other side of the desk youll find out. youll be suprised out how many of your colleagues look at their computer screens, the paper work in front of them, their key boards and even their desk but never in your face. when you deal with people you look them in the face and make eye contact. when you reduce people to a number you stop thinkin of them as people, you stop talking to the person and just go through the motions. I found that no matter how many times I tell the current prick that signs me on he always forgets how to pronounce my name he never makes eye contact and I know what hes gonna say before he says it. strangly those that do make eye contact never get my name wrong.

and some claimants are dead head scroungers, whats wrong is to tar us all with the same brush. I dont think all JC staff are pricks some of them are very nice helpful people who treat me like a person, they should all be like that.

All that and more is true about Hitler, but the Nazi/Third Reich comparison is overdone far too often. If you overdo the comparisons to the point where the connection is too tenuous then you risk seeming like you're just mentioning the the comparison for dramatic effect.

The Nazis did give people numbers as part of removing their identity, but its a fallacy to then suggest that another government who gives people numbers and uses that number is likely to fall into the same trap.

I also think that most people behind the desks and on the phone can and do "see the person" and try to get some understanding of the situation and how they can help within the confines of their job role. I don't think that has to be restricted to seeing someone in person, although that is easier, but that's not always practical however.

as Ive said in other threads DWP staff are human and as such falable. the ref to the nazis is a valid ref and used a lot because of this. it is history and any people that dont learn from history are doomed to make the same mistakes. when you give people numbers then you run the risk of losing sight of the person. adolf and his mates gave people numbers to deliberately dehumanise them. we use NI num for administration reasons and run the risk of accidently dehumanising people.

I'm sorry to be a bit of a party-pooper but I do think the notion of 'we are being dehumanised, we are now just a number' to be, well, tosh. The National Insurance Number system has been around for at least sixty plus years in its present popularity and was first brought into being in 1911.

As far as I'm aware it is used by the DWP and others as the primary key for record location and I have no problem with that. Never have I contacted any agency who uses my NINO and been addressed purely in alpha-numeric terms! They use my name. Honestly...

Best wishes

WM983589XX

The NI num is a good and useful tool but unfortunately like all tools it can be misused and abused. DWP staff are human and as such come in all shapes, sizes and personalities. Ive had advisors who have been fantastic and bent over backward to help me, they get as frustrated as I do with the limitation of the DWP, others cant even make eye contact and cant even prononce your name right. I did get one to make eye contact with me after a couple of months when at the top of my voice (very very loud) I told him how to pronounce my name and explained that it is an old name English name dating back to the fifth or sixth century, and is derived from the old english/anglo saxon word for oak. im not an arab so theirs no need for all the flem when pronouncing it. he didnt get it wrong again. after that he always talked to me not his pc screen, some times you have to make them see you. the trouble is some people dont see the person.

I speak only from my own experience, as I made perfectly clear before. And my experience is that these people are just that. The JC+ is far from helpful; it's little more than a bureacracy and a board for whichever rubbish local employers (mainly recruitment agencies in reality) want to palm off as jobs - most of which I stronly suspect aren't long term positions or careers (especially when you see them deadeyed crap posted repeatedly).

They can find a plenty of reasons not to help but very few reasons to help.

I was 9.15 am in hull city centre for a while, I explained it cost me 3 times as much in petrol in rush hour trafic and it took 50 mins as aposed to 15 - 20 min later in the day. her answer: take the bus. I pointed out that bus stop 15 min walk from our house and not capeable of the walk when back and hip playing up and busses jar the hell ut of my back on the potholes that pass for roads round here. her answer: are you registered disabled - no. her answer sign on sick (they signed me of fit for non pysical work) or be on time. if your late twice in a row we'll stop your money. then a few months latter a was moved to rob (yes this one had a name) first signing with him I asked if I could change signing times and explained why, next signing 11.15am no fuss.

practicallity and comon sence seem to be lacking in these people. the young ones and those that started from school and have been their 20 yrs seem to lack the experience in the real world, these are the ones that lack the people skills. those that came to the job latter in life seem to have more about them and know how to deal with people. best advisor I had had been a bus driver until his diabeties progrest to the point were he needed insulin. couldnt fault the man we always let on if we see each other in the JC, god I wish they were all like that.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks