Ppi Virgin - Please Help :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have recently read about PPI and claiming money back against banks for loans and credit cards.

I have a number of companys who I have borrowed money from in one way or another.

I have complied a list below along with any important information etc:

Northern Rock £24,000 Loan taken out with my mortgage on a "together" package in April 2007 ( I have also paid my house insurance with my mortgage until May 2010)

Barclay card platinum card £3500 Limit

Barclay Card Football card £2500 Limit

Mint Card £1800 Limit

Virgin Credit Card £1800 Limit

Burtons store card £300 Limit

Halifax Personal Loan £3500 taken out on 20th August 2008 This account is in dispute with Apex credit management a DCA

Halifax Overdraft £2700 This is in the process of being sent to a DCA according to letters sent to me from Halifax

My question is this - Where do I start to find out if I have indeed been charged PPI on from any of these companys and if I have how do I go about claiming on a step by step basis?

I am a complete novice when it comes to this and any help would be greatly appreciated, after all why should I let these fat cats take my money and essentially steal from me?

I am like a dog with a bone on this one and I just need some guidance or a "how to" guide to claiming and finding out if I have been charged for PPI illegally :)

Also as I am on the subject of claiming money back is there somewhere where I can find out a dummies guide to claiming my bank charges back going back say 7 years?

I would appreciate it if you could put any replies in laymans terms for me as I am new to this sort of thing.

One last thing is there anywhere I can make a donation to the upkeep of this forum as this is a great information source for people in financial difficulty like myself.

Bless you all.

Essex

:):)

Hi Don,

Welcome to the forums. You have certainly come to the right place for help with claiming back any mis sold PPi.

I am not a legal professional, but have successfully claimed back mis sold PPI on 2 credit card accounts and 4 loans from barclays/barclaycard.

I suggest you take this one step at a time and start by sending a Subject Access Request (SAR) to all your creditors. This is basically a letter requesting all information the company hold on you as a dat subject and should include all statements from each account, copies of letters they have written to you, etc.....

The request is a legal requirement of any company and must be sent to the registered address of the company along with a postal order for £10. They are required to provide you with copies of all the information they hold on you within 40 calendar days.

Just to be clear you are sending one SAR along with the £10 postal order to each creditor, so no need to send 2 SAR's to barclaycard for the 2 credit card accounts you have for example, 1 SAR should provide everything you need.

While you are waiting for the information to come back, I suggest you have a read of the stickys at the top of this forum called "notes for claimants" there is lots of very useful information there.

Then post any questions you have on the forum and someone will certainly be able to help.

Once you have all the information back from your creditors come back and someone will help you with the next step.

Best of luck

DJ

Hi Don,

Welcome to the forums. You have certainly come to the right place for help with claiming back any mis sold PPi.

I am not a legal professional, but have successfully claimed back mis sold PPI on 2 credit card accounts and 4 loans from barclays/barclaycard.

I suggest you take this one step at a time and start by sending a Subject Access Request (SAR) to all your creditors. This is basically a letter requesting all information the company hold on you as a dat subject and should include all statements from each account, copies of letters they have written to you, etc.....

The request is a legal requirement of any company and must be sent to the registered address of the company along with a postal order for £10. They are required to provide you with copies of all the information they hold on you within 40 calendar days.

Just to be clear you are sending one SAR along with the £10 postal order to each creditor, so no need to send 2 SAR's to barclaycard for the 2 credit card accounts you have for example, 1 SAR should provide everything you need.

While you are waiting for the information to come back, I suggest you have a read of the stickys at the top of this forum called "notes for claimants" there is lots of very useful information there.

Then post any questions you have on the forum and someone will certainly be able to help.

Once you have all the information back from your creditors come back and someone will help you with the next step.

Best of luck

DJ

DJ,

Your a star - how do I find the registered address's of the companies? Would it be as simple as looking it up on companies house and jotting down the registered address on there?

;)

Great idea, or just google "Barclays uk registered address" for example.

I just realised you had another query about bank charges. Unfortunately I am not up to date on where claiming back bank charges stand, but I am sure someone on here will know, or I believe there is a forum on this site specifically dealing with back charges.

Good luck