can i get help to move

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Found this on another forum tigga, hope it helps.

Budegting loan

I looked on that link and found the posts rather confused and contradictory.

I wouldn't want anyone to raise false hopes, so here's the facts as stated in the most current (April 2010) Social Fund Guide for Decision Makers and Inspectors (on page 116):

Part 4 – Budgeting Loans

General

1. Budgeting Loans (BLs) are intended to help those in receipt of Income Support (IS), income-based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA(IB)), Pension Credit (PC), income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA(IR)) or payment on account of such benefits to spread the cost of intermittent expenses over a longer period.

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

@ jack1966:

Hi there Jack, that's quite an interesting thought. For example, if tigga has a friend or relative in need of care (up there) then it might be possible to get a Social Fund "Community Care Grant" to cover moving expenses to be nearer to the care receiver. On top of that tigga could apply for more CCG money for all sorts of things relating to the care and support purposes of CCGs.

The great thing about CCGs is that they don't need to be repaid.

Regards, Paul.

Edited by loan_ranger
inserted link to Social Fund Guide - CCGs.

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

@ Allwood:

Councils have obviously changed their policy because of article like this one below:

What makes you think tigga has a council property? I saw no mention of it in this thread, did you read this elsewhere?

We ain't fighting are we Woody? It's just that I'm a stickler for accuracy and fine detail, a common symptom of my illness (Asperger Syndrome).

Good information is the key to opening channels of help, e.g. now that we know that you're renting from a "social landlord" the situation becomes clearer and certain options can either be considered or discounted.

Kindest regards,

Paul.

thanks guys, there is a possiblity i may be able to get a grant from macmillan having had cancer last yr and now unable to work, im hoping my councellor/star worker can help me with that, fingers crossed x
I can't possibly answer that, however I'll also be keeping everything crossed for you;)

If you have any little tiggas you could ask "The Family Fund" (a charity - nothing to do with the state).

If you were fleeing domestic violence (which surprisingly now includes problem neighbours) then this might open some other options.

Best regards,

Paul.

• Haha 1