Santander/C L Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've got a slight problem. I'm not sure if this has been dealt with elsewhere, but I'll just set it out briefly. I took out a 5-year fixed sum loan with GE Money in 2006 and made payments until December 2009 when I ran out of savings. I'm self-employed and have not worked since December 2008 when the property market ground to a halt. Santander took over in about March 2009. I wrote to them in January, when I had missed a couple of payments telling them I was broke, both me and my husband were on the dole, and would they accept a token payment. They said they couldn't do that. I then got a letter from (I think) Regal Consultants, threatening allsorts, so I sent them a copy of the letter I sent to Santander. I then get a letter from Santander in February telling me the account has been transferred from Santander Cards to Santander Bank! I heard nothing further until I got a letter from Howard & Cohen solicitors telling me the debt had been assigned to C L Finance and in the same letter, also telling me that a county court summons had been applied for. I'm about to send of the Acknowledgement of Service to buy some time, but I'm not sure what's next. What annoys me is that I can't get a job for love nor money and only stop making payments because I was brassic. So any pointers would help. Thanks.