Denied job due to CCJ Advise and help please!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Had a terrible day today. Got accepted for a job with LTSB as a contractor yesterday only to be told at 4pm today that I can't have the job due to the CCJ on my file.

What makes it even harder to take was the fact that I told them honsetly upfront about it first before they ran a credit check (which I had to agree to in order to get the job) and was told it would be fine since I told them about it. I imformed them that the debt was being paid off and infact I don't have to pay anything until Jan 2011 now because I made a big payment in Dec 09. The CCJ started at £33,658 and now stands at £23,000 so I have paid off nearly a 1/3 and this job would help me clear it out completly before the end of this year.

Anyway my question is has anybody been in this situation themselves and also would it help me in getting the job if the CCJ was satisfied?

Thanks

John

Banks are funny animals - someone here will know the answers to your question - I thought that if a payment arrangement has been made and upheld it was a good thing but when I was young ha ha noone could even have an overdraft if they worked for a bank don't know how it works nowadays.

I sound as if I'm 90 :D

smiles

OSW