Strictly confidential

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is it normal for a card provider to impose a confidentially clause on the offer of a refund?

I've just been made an offer by one of the cards I've been chasing for mis-sold PPI. The card provider had refused to accept any responsibility for the mis-selling for some months but then suddenly had a change of mind and offered to refund my premiums. They've made the offer on the condition that their offer remains strictly confidential and that no information regarding their offer, my acceptance of it or the terms applied (the only terms being that it's confidential) are disclosed to any third parties. They've sent me something to sign to that effect.

I'm not accepting the offer anyway as it doesn't quite cover the premiums paid, despite them insisting it does, let alone any interest. I will also be going to the FOS now as the card provider made it clear they consider the matter closed if I refuse their offer.

I really just wanted to know if the confidentiality thing is normal - I received an offer from two other cards (both also incorrectly calculated) but there was no confidentiality clause imposed on either of their offers.

Score Card

For myself, family and friends......

WIN! MBNA - £8,000 CC PPI + 3 months interest for delayed refund

WIN! RBS - £1,400 CC PPI + 4 months interest added for delayed refund (via FOS)

WIN! RBS - £150 BC (via FOS)

WIN! Creation - £575 Store card PPI + 3 months interest for delayed refund

WIN! Creation - £120 BC

WIN! Ikano - £795 Store Card PPI

WIN! CapitalOne - £1700 CC PPI

WIN! CapitalOne - £110 BC

WIN! HSBC - £2,850 CC PPI

WIN! RBS/MINT - £1,900 - CC PPI

WIN! Halifax - BC - £102

WIN! Barclaycard - £130 BC

Awaiting offer HSBC - MPPI (via FOS)

Awaiting final response Barclaycard - CC PPI

Awaiting final response Morgan Stanley - CC PPI

SAR sent HSBC - CC PPI + Loan PPI

SAR sent GE Money - Store Card PPI - not holding out much hope as very old account

Lloyds (well their Solicitors, ****) listed this clause as part of the acceptance of them returning some charges a couple of years ago.

I neatly drew a line through that clause, then signed and posted it. They still refunded the charges, and I told EVERYBODY!:D