Help With Computeach Refunds Needed!!

DaleLincs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Admin Please Feel Free To Move My Thread If Needed...

In April 2007, I was a 19yr old young man preyed upon by a Computeach pressure salesman. He promised me only 8 hours a week of study would be fine to complete the course in two years. I have this on my copy of the contract signed by Computeach and myself.

I also explained to the salesman my personal situation with my son whom at the time was seriously/terminally ill. He assured me that it wouldn't be a problem etc and again like most other people on these forums was promised a world of 'personal' tutoring, support, individually tailored tutoring etc etc. I have all my records in order.

The financial side of it was funded through a Barclays Career Devlopment Loan for 80% of the course fees. The other 20% of the course fees were funded via a company called Marehill Finance, who I understand to be Computeach's 'in house' finance department.

Barclays Loan - £3800.00

Marehill Finance - £750.00

Deposit - £200

Course Total - £4750

I managed to complete my first part of the course which was the IC3 module, so around 25% of the total course length.

I kept in touch with computeach via email about my personal situation and did ask on several occassions for a refund and to cancel the course they said it wouldn't be possible even in my situation and all they would do is give me a 12month extention on the course.

I am claiming for a partial refund and have informed barlcays by way of letter that I am looking for a refund from computeach so that I can pay off the loan I have with them. As regards to the Marehill finance part of the finance, I have been paying that since June 2007 and it is fully paid off in June 2010.

I am looking for advice on how to go about claiming my course fees back, including examination fees that I havent even sat. Also how to tidy up the finance and get these loans cleared, hopefully in the way of a refund via Computeach.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved, I have been struggling with this for 3 years now and would like some closure on it.

Is there nobody out there that can help at all in any way?

In April 2007, I was a 19yr old young man preyed upon by a Computeach pressure salesman. He promised me only 8 hours a week of study would be fine to complete the course in two years. I have this on my copy of the contract signed by Computeach and myself.

I also explained to the salesman my personal situation with my son whom at the time was seriously/terminally ill. He assured me that it wouldn't be a problem etc and again like most other people on these forums was promised a world of 'personal' tutoring, support, individually tailored tutoring etc etc. I have all my records in order.

The financial side of it was funded through a Barclays Career Devlopment Loan for 80% of the course fees. The other 20% of the course fees were funded via a company called Marehill Finance, who I understand to be Computeach's 'in house' finance department.

Barclays Loan - £3800.00

Deposit - £200

Course Total - £4750

I managed to complete my first part of the course which was the IC3 module, so around 25% of the total course length.

I kept in touch with computeach via email about my personal situation and did ask on several occassions for a refund and to cancel the course they said it wouldn't be possible even in my situation and all they would do is give me a 12month extention on the course.

I am claiming for a partial refund and have informed barlcays by way of letter that I am looking for a refund from computeach so that I can pay off the loan I have with them. As regards to the Marehill finance part of the finance, I have been paying that since June 2007 and it is fully paid off in June 2010.

I am looking for advice on how to go about claiming my course fees back, including examination fees that I havent even sat. Also how to tidy up the finance and get these loans cleared, hopefully in the way of a refund via Computeach.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved, I have been struggling with this for 3 years now and would like some closure on it.

Barclays Loan - £3800.00

Deposit - £200

Course Total - £4750

I don't have access to a scanner unfortunatly. However the specific point in the contract that I would stress is that the salesman has filled it out saying it was only necessary for me to study 8 hours per week, which in my experience is just not enough! This is the point that I feel I was miss sold the course with.

Edited by cerberusalert

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hmm, i recall seeing these guys on TV when i was visiting mum a few years back, i thought they were cowboys - now from dx's link maybe they are/were.

I think the key thing here is to look at the contract - can you post it? PM me it if you dont feel comfortable sending it in a public forum. I know im pretty new here, but im quite legal eagle minded, both myself and my fiancee are both reading law at uni (her 4th year, me 1st - but with a lot of 'amateur' yet 'fun' legal eagle work behind me both in the UK and the USA - not that USA applies here at all)

If this is what i think it is, a standard education contract with a educational loan to back it up, unless there is some kind of implied agreement in the contract that was not delivered upon then there isnt much to go on. But if you post/PM the original agreement and contract there is very possibly a loophole in it somewhere. If there isnt, then i doubt there is much to go on based on the other posts i have seen on this forum).

Is there *anything* in the contract that they should have done for you that they did not?

• 3 months later...

im paying 139.95 for 12 months for 2 books and a useless online thing havent had any support and just been told if i cancel i still have to keep paying the 1600 pound off even though the exam is 100 pound to take the books cost 50 pound and are not printed very good at all so they get 1450 for doing well nothing at all p.s i cant cancel because im not in the 7 day period to do so as stated in my terms that arrived 2 weeks later then took the 6 weeks for my books to come i see that complaints go back about computeach to 2002 how come they have not been shut down ?

• 1 year later...