• Tweets

• I have a debt that went SB in 2020, Capquest are still occasionally writing begging letters, i just chuck em in the recycling.
    • My Ebay account was permanently suspended for "buying activity" allegation. I literally have no idea what they are talking about.   It's literally impossible to contact them by email or phone if your account has been suspended. They owe me: 1. £400 for items sold which have been delievered to the buyer 2. £350 for a faulty computer screen I purchased , which I now can't return. It's unacceptable they should hold my monies under these circumstances.I have video evidence the computer screen is faulty. But its completely frustrating, because you cannot under ANY circumstances contact  them by email or phone if your account has been suspended. So I cannot find out what guidelines I'm supposed to have broken. I'm not prepared to accpet this. I have Ebay's physical address. I am going to go to the small claims court, and appoint bailiffs `if I win and they don't pay up. Do you think Trading Standards would be interested? Or is there an Ombudsman to go to? With literally millions of accounts, this must be happening all the time. Ebay must be retaining millions of pounds under false pretences. Is it not the law you can retrun a faulty item bought over the internet, whether from ebay, or anywhere else?
    • Although this situation is mildly disturbing like a fly trapped behind the curtain on a warm day, your creative responses are always a joy to read, Dave. Cheers. Will send across. 
    • Hi I stupidly left my handbrake off,  and my car rolled down a hill and into a fence owned by a company. I am a part owner of the company that owns the fence. My car insurance (Prima) states they won't cover the damage to the fence, just the car as they state  "you own the land', although I don't and I did make that clear to them when reporting the accident.. I understood a company is a separate legal entity, so should be considered third party damage and car insurance should cover? The property has a £400 excess and I'm already going to be paying out the £500 excess on car insurance, so want to avoid paying both if I can.. Thanks for any advice you can give...
    • Lowell , Cabot etc, I'm not sure how I can politely put this, but F taking money from your kids mouths to pay them!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Shop owner handcuffed and shop emptied for debt of £193

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HCE - I was talking about parking and hopefully in clear English. What is your answer to the presumption of guilt that is central to its enforcement?

Don't make the mistake of thinking that you the most intelligent person on this forum. That would be an exposure of stupidity.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HCE - I was talking about parking and hopefully in clear English. What is your answer to the presumption of guilt that is central to its enforcement?

Don't make the mistake of thinking that you the most intelligent person on this forum. That would be an exposure of stupidity.

FP, will you stop bleeting and just pay your parking tickets.

This thread has nothing to do with Parking..... yawn....

HCE - This thread is everything to do with bailiffs who treat ordinary people with contempt as a matter of course to the point where they convince themselves that abnormal is normal;- bit like your last post.

Whether it's parking or anything else as I explained in post 31, you have failed to offer any explanation in contradiction.

In order to boost credibility HCE falls into the trap of talking down to people so that all we are left is trite remarks about a misplaced assumption that I have outstanding parking tickets.

No HCE, I don't have any parking tickets but we do protect people from such tickets and all the bullying, lies, fraud, intimidation, theft, deceit and violence that goes with their enforcement. You'll be telling me next that this only happens in parking and is therefore irrelevant to this thread.

Fair Parking is proud to have the kind of extensive knowledge and experience of parking and general enforcement that renders bailiffs incapable of providing coherrent answers to.

Now how about answering all those posts in other threads that you have failed to respond to? Commencing with a plausible reason as to why it's OK to enforce on a presumption of guilt.

HCE - This thread is everything to do with bailiffs who treat ordinary people with contempt as a matter of course to the point where they convince themselves that abnormal is normal;- bit like your last post.

Whether it's parking or anything else as I explained in post 31, you have failed to offer any explanation in contradiction.

In order to boost credibility HCE falls into the trap of talking down to people so that all we are left is trite remarks about a misplaced assumption that I have outstanding parking tickets.

No HCE, I don't have any parking tickets but we do protect people from such tickets and all the bullying, lies, fraud, intimidation, theft, deceit and violence that goes with their enforcement. You'll be telling me next that this only happens in parking and is therefore irrelevant to this thread.

Fair Parking is proud to have the kind of extensive knowledge and experience of parking and general enforcement that renders bailiffs incapable of providing coherrent answers to.

Now how about answering all those posts in other threads that you have failed to respond to? Commencing with a plausible reason as to why it's OK to enforce on a presumption of guilt.

Fair Parking. You pat yourself on the back if that's really what you need.

Whether I agree with the process in which warrants are issued for parking violations is irrelevant. It is how it is at this time and is enforced when it is not complied with, like it or not.

I'm not bothered enough to trawl through your pointless boring posts you continue to bleet on about either.

Anyway, I must go, I have my bullying, lies, fraud, intimidation, theft, deceit and violence class tonight. :rolleyes:

PS - Don't forget to take advantage of the 50% reduction on your tickets if paid within 14 days.

HCE - Your slip's showing.

If you can't find my posts, then you are no position to comment on them - facetiously or otherwise.

We do not have a problem with local authorities charging for parking. We are only concerned with the enforcement of these by persons who think that the only way to deal with their fellow humans is to treat them as second class citizens.

Keep reading the 'How to speak English gooder' book. The one whereby straightforward the English statement 'I have no parking tickets' translates into 'pay them within 14 days'.

Given that the standard of proof on parking tickets is merely limited to a belief by the local authority that a contravention has taken place, I would be very careful about supporting the notion that it's OK to enforce them on a presumption of guilt, which from your last posting the invitation to comment on is 'pointless and boring'.

Now why should anybody on this forum trust you?

Im Sooooooooooo disappointed with bailiffs at the moment. They seem to be giving up on me.

I mean, the latest parasite that called trying to collect their fraudulent fees ( Invalid Levy on next doors vehicle ) actually left when i told him to F Off.

Coward.

Im Sooooooooooo disappointed with bailiffs at the moment. They seem to be giving up on me.

I mean, the latest parasite that called trying to collect their fraudulent fees ( Invalid Levy on next doors vehicle ) actually left when i told him to F Off.

Coward.

You must be a big scary man DG :rolleyes:

Do you not think it would be more constructive to try and pay your debts. :idea:

I dont have any debts HCE. I owe the council £714. Its here under the carpet with another £6k cash ( Pocket Money )

Now i have the incriminating evidence in writing that they are trying to defraud me off hundreds of pounds AGAIN, i might just pay it.

Then again im having so much fun with the scumbags, i might not.

Up yours arsehole.