Debt collection letter for disputed debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, posted this below in Oct 09 and received some great advice. sent letter from this site about disputed debt and all harrasment stopped.

4 months later...

Have now received a letter from another different debt collection agency persuing this disputed debt, so i sent the disputed debt letter as before and have now heard back with a very aggressive letter stating they are well within the guidelines the oft set out and "this is not harrassment- far from it" i have to forward a valid explanation or they will persue the matter further. They have also detailed the reason why they feel i owe the amount which is total fabrication! and has no documents to back it up.

The company who claim i owe the debt to have repeatedly failed to send me any documents just insisting i owe them money, how can i stop this cycle? Are they allowed to sell on a disputed debt? What about the 1st debt collecting company i have heard nothing from? :???:

Any advice would be great!

*2 years ago i received a renewal notice from my insurers to renew my car insurancelink3.gif, the insured car was kept on my private driveway and had'nt been driven since i had moved to a job with a company car.

*I informed the insurers by telephone that i did not wish to renew, case closed or so i thought...

*No premium had been taken by direct debitlink3.gif, then 8 mths later took a call from insurers saying due to THEIR admin error the premium had not been requested and i needed to pay up!

*Lots of threatening calls and letters later - i stuck to my guns stating the insurance was cancelled - they finally went away, last contact was sep 08.

*1 year later - I have just received a debt collectionlink3.gif agency letter stating i owe the insurer the full premium amount, and pay up within 7 days - feeling very bullied now as they are threatening court action any help would be gratefully received!

I've just had a look at your original thread, and see that you didn't reply to cazzaswfc post asking whether:

1) the car was SORN'd i.e declared off road,

2) been insured since either by you or anyone else &

3) Did you return the renewal certificate.

When cancelling renewal for car insurance, they require that you return the new certificate, (if you have it) before the renewal date to avoid any payments being due. If the certificate is returned after the renewal date but within 14 days, they would still cancel but you would be liable for 1 months payment.

If you cancel before the certificate is received, this should be done in writing giving a date when you require the cover to cease.

Link to previous thread

enamae

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm

Hello enamae, Thanks for your reply.

1) the car was SORN'd i.e declared off road, -no

2) been insured since either by you or anyone else & -no

3) Did you return the renewal certificate. -no, can't recall receiving a certificate, and as this was a few years ago not 100% sure what was discussed during the phone conversation to cancel. I have asked the company to find the recording which they have not produced.