Welcome Finance Default Notice

laverda1147
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Typically it wont post it :(

is it on cag? if it is can you not link the thread and say post number and we can have a look that way if copy and pasting isnt working :-|

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is but I cant remember on which thread I saw it.

Any advice is freely given. Most of the advice given is information I have learnt from CAG and fellow Caggers. I am in no way legally trained, so please do not take my advice/opinion as gospel

So you reckon I should draft my reclaim letter, wait for official official official confirmation that my account is terminated by ME and not them? As far as I'm concerned it is by me, pretty sure a judge would see it that way?

So you reckon I should draft my reclaim letter, wait for official official official confirmation that my account is terminated by ME and not them? As far as I'm concerned it is by me, pretty sure a judge would see it that way?

Well grantyblade, heres what I would do and I am not saying this is what you should do, its just what I would do:

I would send them the letter saying you want a refund of all unlawful charges ie telephone calls, letters etc. as welcome have stated your account is terminated, maybe ask for the refund by cheque.

Then i would keep fighting regarding termination.

Any advice is freely given. Most of the advice given is information I have learnt from CAG and fellow Caggers. I am in no way legally trained, so please do not take my advice/opinion as gospel

Just my opinion but if it was me....

Termination and the charges would be totally separate issues and Id treat them as such.

Id write regarding charges and word it so that you dont feel the account is active.

As for termination I would see what they say regarding that following acceptance letter and the letter you send regarding charges.

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Here's a question I keep forgetting to ask

As I have already said, I have both a car loan( joint names with my spouse) and personal loan with welcome(only in my name) Welcome branch repeatedly tell me the accounts are linked. For example lets say the loan was in arrears but the car account was fully up to date, can they act on the car account?

I don't think they can but welcome have repeatedly said they accounts are linked

Ozzywizard: If that message is regarding my question

I think I may have written proff they tried to link the accounts in the notes that arrived with my SAR

It is is response to your question the answer being no. However the subject access request is a request via data protection act 1998 asking for all the information a company holds on you. This meens that for the purposes of complying to this request all your information for both accounts will be together and intergrated. However any collections or defaults cannot be sent jointly for both accounts.

they cant be 'linked' without you signing something that states such. I too have personal loan and HP they mention please contact us regarding both accounts but other than that they arent in any way linked. they were signed separately and thats how they stay as far as I know. Agree with ozzy keep everything in writing they are very good at hanging themselves

they cant be 'linked' without you signing something that states such. I too have personal loan and HP they mention please contact us regarding both accounts but other than that they arent in any way linked. they were signed separately and thats how they stay as far as I know. Agree with ozzy keep everything in writing they are very good at hanging themselves

Thats what I thought thank you both for confirming this.

Nothing was ever signed saying anything could be linked so.:D

I have kept everything in writing since a particulary nasty call from account manager who wanted card details (told them no chance). This was prior to receiving the DN.

sent my claim for unlawful charges. Just a 14 day wait to see what they do now

sent my claim for unlawful charges. Just a 14 day wait to see what they do now

Everything crossed for you they pay up without a fight :D

have you wrote your letter to claim your telephone charges

Yes and letter charges, outside calls

Everything crossed for you they pay up without a fight :D

Thanks so do I. Hope everything goes well in your case too

Thanks so do I. Hope everything goes well in your case too

Thank you :)

I am sure i seen a copy of your letter on the thread but now i cant find it.

I was hoping to copy it to send to them to get mine returned.

I took it down recently. I still have it. I can Pm you with it if you want me too

If you can i would be very grateful

Done :D

• 1 month later...

Update: The account was put in dispute over 14 days ago as they have not produced a credit agreement for the car.

What should I be doing now?

Anybody???

have u sent sar?

Yes, it was sent and has been received back- there was no credit agreement for the car