Jump to content

Yorkshire Bank - Incompetence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi All


I have a basic bank account with YB Last month they charged me £140 for missing Direct Debits as usual they charged me £35 for not paying the money and then as pay was entered into the account found they left me short for the rest of the month and the response was tough!!


So I wrote visited and faxed saying that I wanted to account closed. The bank failed to close the account and payments were made from the account because the standing orders were not cancelled by the bank and they failed to close the account as instructed although having two weeks to do so.


They will demand payment and charges. My stance at the moment is that they made the payments voluntary and due to their failure to close account as instructed - so will not repay. Revenge for the £140 they stole from me - totally unreasonable charge.


What would be the legal position? the moral position is that I only owe the difference between disputed charge and amount they paid. But it is a bank and morals do not come into it so legally would I have to repay the amount they transferred from the account I already closed so not authorized by me to pay.


All replied appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From what you say, you are in an excellent position.


Did they write to you about the charges? Have you written to them about them at all?


Have you any other charges taken from you during the history of the account?

Link to post
Share on other sites



I have written, phoned and visited branch with no success, except it was with their complaints department.


So made complaint to FOS and thinking about court for breaking S.10 Data Protection, Human Rights Act especially with letter stating that I could not afford basics (food) and had to borrow money from parents due to their action and breaking banking code.


Many letters and emails with no response.


Any ideas of how I would word case via moneyclaim as they have but a bad mark on credit record for charges they created and two weeks after notification of account closure. Otherwise the balance was zero and I would owe them nothing.



Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see the correspondence on this.


Would you mind emailing me at our admin@ address

documents in pdf format please. Multipage, single file if poss

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...