reclaiming from Halifax PLC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

After being told by a friend of their success, following the advice on this site, I decided to have a look myself.

I requested past statements from the Halifax and so far they've sent me 3 years worth. I was horrified at how much I had been charged over this period.

As a student I was granted a £1000 overdraft. During my time at University and during a short period of unemployment after leaving I was charged (including interest) .....yes you guessed it - over £1000 in charges!! I am unable at present to clear this amount, (well I do on payday, but it's soon full up again!) So the whole of my overdraft is made up of charges, which are in turn attracting overdraft interest. This is absolutely ludicrous.

I am also issuing a claim for repayment of charges on my Halifax credit card which were applied over the same period. The fees here are more than I currently owe on the card!

So in short, all my debt with Halifax PLC can be said to be as a result of banking charges, from which they are still making a tidy sum in interest

I fully intent to take this all the way to court if necessary, in fact after examining my banking history and waking up to the way in which charges issued when I was stuggling financially, are still effecting my life today, I am actually quite keen to have my day in court and expose the way in which I was 'allowed' to plunge into debt and then stung for it! (and am still being stung for it).

I hope to be back with tales of success very shortly, and hopefully will pick up some useful tips to share on this forum on my journey.

Welcome - keep us posted :grin:

Abbey Prelim Letter sent 16/06/06 - LBA sent 30/06/06 - MCOL served 22/07/06 - Acknowledged 26/07/06 - Defended 16/08/2006 - Settled 20/09/06 :o

Abbey 2 Prelim Letter sent 22/09/06

Abbey 2 LBA sent 9/10/06

MCOL 03/11/06

Cap One Prelim sent 28/06/06 - LBA sent 13/07/06

MCOL served 05/08/06 - Acknowledged 02/08/06 - Served 05/08/2006 -Settled in full 22/08/06 :D :D

Halifax Prelim sent 03/07/06 - LBA sent 17/07/06

MCOL issued 03/08/06 - settled in full 09/08/06 :D

MBNA S.A.R sent 21/08/06 Settled 21/09/06 :-o

Morgan Stanley S.A.R sent 29/09/06

Could someone give me some advice please?

I've written to Halifax Card Services requesting repayment of charges applied to my creditd card and am awaiting a response.

With regard to my cuurent account. Although I made a Data protection disclosure request I have only recieved info from 2000-2003.

I am going to send a letter asking for statements from 2003 to present. I am also considering requesting repayment of the charges I have calculated from the statements I am already in possesion of, simply to get the ball rolling.

Has anyone got any advice about this? Should I wait for the rest of the info and send in just one claim or am I ok to send two reqests in? Are the Halifax enticing me to submit a request for three years only for some reason? Have they found a loophole to exploit?

• 10 months later...