A&L battle about to begin...Am I right?

scamps78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Ok so I have been with A and L since 2005 on what I can only describe as a "under 5's" account, one of the cash card only ones. I hate it but its my own doing and fair enough.

I am a single parent and work part-time. My income is less than £900 a month. Now I like many have had the odd charge to my account for unpaid D/D's. Originally when opened it was for £34 now £25. (both still horredously over charged). Since the Nov decis I have not really bothered about the charges as I had only maybe 6-7 of them. However at the end of nov09 a D/D of £7.45 (milk-man) was rejected as the were insufficient funds in ...I only had £3.67!!!!

This set off a series of D/D defaults and subsequent charges that have snow-balled since. SO since the original on in nov the have taken

NOV-50

DEC-25

JAN-200

FEB-100

As you will see January was a partic tough month, I was forced to sell my L/O pram in order to stop debt spiralling. But this is taking the biscuit. I therefore Fully intend to go all out now. But wanted any advice on my info given... Am I ok to do this?

I have fought and struggled through the last 5 years with debts, at times I have been a mental wreck...This site has provided me and I am sure a lot of others with self empowerment and relief. I have in the last 2 yrs got my life back.

I therefore will not allow this to affect me, when I am not even allowed to use my card in a shop! ha ha

But would appreciate any comments? advice?

Presumably you have a basic account - is that right?

No O/D, no cheque book - only a cash card - is that right?

Have you got a copy of the T&Cs relating to A&L basic accounts?

OK. Please will you get hold of the basic account T&Cs for your account. Also, have a scout around.

There may be some basic account guidelines and also some guidelines on the BBA website and elsewhere on thsi subject.

Basic accounts have become very ambiguous and maybe it is time we tried to nail it down.

Please come back here when you get the info.

Is their overlimit charge, the "late payment review fee"?

Is this all they say about it in their T&Cs?

As a result of DD defaults, have you also been hit by charges from other companies which were expecting to receive their payments?

this is made unclear.

They imply that its is a "overlimit charge" However they reject the D/D and when they send me the letter regarding the fee they state " there were insuff funds in the account to meet the req payment"

"in accordance with our T&C, a fee of £25 will be deducted from your acc to cover adim costs"

On statements and on my on-line banking they call it Payment reversal fee.

This is all the T & C about basic cash I can find on-line. I will go in branch today.

Luckily not been hit by other charges yet, though have had these D/D re-submitted sometimes 3 days later.

in accordance with our T&C, a fee of £25 will be deducted from your acc to cover adim costs"

where do they say this?