Bankruptcy/Trust Deed help in Scotland please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi sick of it all, I know the prospect of losing a chance of a job is worrying you sick...it would for me to!

I worked for an Insolvency Practitioner a while ago and there were people who worked for the civil service, dwp etc in your position so I do not think it a problem once you work there. That is your private financial business, employers are not contacted to inform them specifically of this sort of thing.

I cannot say how it would affect an application though. There are certain jobs you are not allowed to do while in any form of bankruptcy (director, local government etc), but not what you are looking at. Problem is, a lot of places credit check now - but at least warn you in advance they will do this.

Just as Revvy said, you should speak to the citizens advice or a local welfare rights unit?

They are wonderful and you will not be held to anything just by telling them your circumstances. They can recomend options and who to go to (most citizen advices have insolvency practitioners etc they know and refer folk to).

The other thing is...have you looked into any of these debts? ie asked for agreements, see what legally enforceable, any charges you can reclaim to reduce the burden etc?

Just talking about it then starting to reclaim charges etc makes a lot of us feel like we are taking control of them...taking them on! Loads of help on here for all that.

If there's anything you think i can help with just shout....good luck!

• Haha 1

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p