Cabot/Argos V Me

Civic09
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my very first thread, so not too sure if I have got this in the correct place, please advise me accordingly. I am having a 'BATTLE' with Cabot, which I see from other post/threads seems very common. Anyway here goes, I wrote to Cabot on 3rd December 2009 a copy of this letter attached named: Cabot ARG Card Services Challenge.doc

I received a reply on dated 4th Dec 2009 saying they did not have the info but send a copy when retrieved, suspending the account in the mean time. I then received a reply dated 29th Dec 2009 stating that they had provided the info enclosing a copy of an Application for an Argos Card, and a separate leaflet with the terms and conditions. I replied to this with the letter attatched named: Cabot Argos Challenge Reply.doc

I today received a letter from Cabot the body of text attached named: I understand that you have received our response to your request under section 78 of the Consume.doc

The declaration referred to is attached as a transcript for information: Declaration.doc

Basically, have I come to the end of the road and lost the 'BATTLE'. Any help advise as to how to reply to the letter received today namely, I understand that you have received our response to your request under section 78 of the Consume.doc

Many thanks in anticipation.........

Cabot ARG Card Services Challenge.doc

Cabot Argos Challenge Reply.doc

I understand that you have received our response to your request under section 78 of the Consume.doc

Declaration.doc

Edited by Civic09

Had basically exactly the same letter from them with regards to my thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/238350-me-mine-cabot-crap.html

I'm just writing to them stating that I disagree with their contentions and that we have set our final position clearly. I'm also stating that I feel a infinite game of letter tennis would be pointless and so I shall not respond to their letters etc unless they bring something new into the equation.

UF

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

Hi Civic & welcome to GAG

From reading your post & contents within i cant see that they have provided you with a legal cca.

I would send them the " account in dispute " letter

[ see template section] stating that until you receive your original signed cca, legally they have 12+2 days to provide you with a legal cca from your original request, did you send your request by recorded delivery?, if they fail to comply the account is then in dispute until they can.

You don't have to deal with them until they produce your cca.

Someone with far more experience will be along to advise, in the mean time try not to worry & good luck

Middxx

Have they ever actually sent you a copy of anything purporting to be a credit agreement?

If they have then could you scan it and post it up (removing all personal information) so that we can take a look at it?

Cheers.

UF

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

Have they ever actually sent you a copy of anything purporting to be a credit agreement?

If they have then could you scan it and post it up (removing all personal information) so that we can take a look at it?

Cheers.

UF

Hi, thanks for your post. They sent an A5 4 page double sided leaflet. This was separate to a photocopy of the original Application for the Argos Card. I will try and scan and post it but it is very small text. Cheers Civic09.

No problem! It's just that if we can see it then people can assess whether it conforms to the relevant statutory standards or not. I suspect it may be very similar to my thread that I linked to earlier. So yes, if you can post it up and we'll see what's what.

Cheers.

UF

Hi, I have scanned the 8 page leaflet with Abby Fine Reader and put the contents in a Word doc.

This was a separate leaflet to the application the declaration stated "I have read the T & Cs overleaf...see previous post.

Argos Terms and Conditions.doc

Cheers....Civic09

Argos Terms and Conditions.doc

OK well I don't personally think that is anywhere near enforceable.... but please wait for other more experienced members to come along and give their opinion.

I'm simply writing a letter as explained in my last thread.... I'll post up a rough copy shortly when I've finished. Alternatively there is a letter posted by another member in my thread.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

UF

I am a first year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. If you are in doubt, always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.