• Tweets

• go do a Direct Debit Guarantee Clawback to your bank if you've now got control of his bank account finny.
    • Hello, Just to check I understand things right, he moved to a nursing home, you then kept paying the rent for a period of time whilst you sorted his belongings. You have asked to give notice and asked for backdated payments of rent from when you first asked which went ignored? They are still taking rent payments.   Have I understood correct?   If I've got anything wrong please correct me.
    • I contacted Sanctury housing in August 2023 after informing them my father in law who had Dementia had moved into a Nursing home December 2022. We kept the flat for 8 months until such a time we could accomodate some of his furniture that my wife wanted to keep. I contacted them in August 2023 to let them know the situation by email as I was the named person that could speak on his behalf. I informed them that we had left it to late for POT and were seeing a solicitor for Deputyship of his financies. I asked them what information would they need in order to give notice on the flat and we could provide details of his condition and nursing home. This went ignored I left it a month and then called them October 2023. I was promised a call back from a manager over the next few days. This never happened and it was end of November when I contacted them again and they had no record of me calling them. I explained the email and again I was told the local manager to the area would call me. This never happened and I ended up emailing them in January 2024 with a copy of the email from August. Again this went ignored and I had explained to them that we couldn't just go to the bank and stop the DD as we had tried. This email again went ignored. I then had a letter written to our home address in February asking us to get in contact with them (local manager) as they were concerend nobody was living in the flat. He had an email address so I copied in the last 2 emails to say I had been trying to give notice since August 2023. I also stated that I would like the rent that was paid from August 2023 refunded back to his account as I had officially tried to give notice then and it went ignored. He replied to us about wanting to look at the flat then notice could be given once he had contacted the nursing home to confirm he was actually living there now. Notice was giving for the 22 March 2024 and this would be when rent would stop and no further payment would be taken by this point. The fact I asked to be back dated went ignored. I have since noticed on 2 banks statement for April and May that they are still taking Rent payments of £501 from his bank. Further to this which seems very strange. He was with Eon Next for his utility bill again we were having problems getting this stopped as they needed a named person on his account which there wasn't one despite me managing his online account for him. I didn't check the email address that often that I used to set it up and went to check as noticed the credit he had built up with not living there was all getting refunded in February. The email said £600 would be refunded to his account with a (sorry you are leaving us message) but how can he leave as nobody but himself had access to speak with them. I also noticed the lady in the flat above him had a letter from her bank sent to his address with his address details but his name which was dated 4th March well before we had given notice and it said (thank you for giving us your new address details) we have set all this up for your account.   So Sanctuary housing must have been aware he wasn't living there from the ignored emails for the lady above to start changing address details to move into his flat before the housing manager had even got in contact to ask if anyone was living there. What I basically want to know his do we have any legal standing to claim the rent back from when I first contacted them in August 2023? There is roughly £3000 to come back  
    • lowell letter = we've mugged you once - why are you not paying this other debt....😎
    • i see you are posting this all over the internet too. here you say it was returned by the safety camera dept UK, Wales Returned NIP Nov23 - Heard Nothing - Now It's been returned as refused and have SJPN Form. Help please? WWW.FTLA.UK UK, Wales Returned NIP Nov23 - Heard Nothing - Now It's been returned as refused and have SJPN Form. Help please?  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Loan Arranged Through Intermediary For Limited Company

BobDuncan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi BobD,

First step is to post here details of the Particulars of Claim against you, if you have this.

By what date must your defence be filed at court.

Are you being sued by the bank as a Guarantor to the loan(s) made to the Ltd Co.

If Henderson Barker still have any of your papers, send them a Rec'd Del'y letter saying they have failed to assist you in any way and you require the immediate return of your papers to allow you to defend the banks actions yourself.

Say you require the papers within 7 days or they will be cited in your defence to the court action as a reason for your being unable to respond properly to the Court Claim against you. Adapt the letter to suit your case but keep it brief.

You will have to put a Defence together but we can only work on this when you supply the info I've requested above.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Bob,

You need to tell us exactly what their POC was on the Claim if you want help with a Defence.

You say you did not sign as a Guarantor. So why are the bank now suing you? Is it possible that the loan(s) were actually in your name personally.

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but I don't see why the bank have sued you if they loans were made to a Ltd Co. :confused:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi BobD,

The thumbnail is too small to read at all, which may be a good thing as you've left personal details showing (Claim No. and maybe other stuff).

I've also removed the a/c no. from your post above and please take care not to post sensitive personal data.

Remove the thumbnail asap. As you've confirmed what the POC's were, there's no need to repost them for now.

Do you have one or both of the loan agreements - if so, hide the personal data (name, address, a/c no, etc) and post them here so they can be checked over. See here for help with posting documents onto the forum - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Who do you mean when you say they, here " .... there was PPI taken out which they renaged on by saying as I was going to Employment Tribunal they would have to wait for the outcome of such. "

So did you, after being dismissed by the employer, claim for the PPI to make the monthly loan payments, and Halifax Insurance refused.

Can you confirm if you have one or both loan documents to post here.

Hi BD,

The doc'ts posted above are still too small to read at all.

Try using PhotoBucket and/or the POST IMAGE

insertimage.gif

symbol from the REPLY MENU.

:)

Hi BD,

I don't think you have a hope in hell of defending on the basis of being unaware or misled about this being a personal loan in your name.

It's signed in 3 places and 2 of the sig're boxes suggest the loan is personal to the signatory.

The company name is not visible anywhere and there's nothing that I can see to back up your suggestion that you were acting as a co-signer for the company.

When the loan was paid or drawn down, did it go first into your own a/c and then into the company, or was it paid direct into the company a/c. Do you have any evidence about how the money was paid over - this could be something to demand from the bank in response to their allegation.

I'll see if you have any defence regarding the way the loan was set up with regard to PPI premiums.

Edited by slick132
typo

Hi BD,

When replying, is there any more you can do to find out who the intermediary was that set up the loan for the MD or company.

Also, can you show that you did NOT receive the money into whatever personal bank accounts you were using at the time. If you can do this, then part of your defence could be to put Halifax to produce evidence of the a/c into which the loan was paid.

If it was paid into the company account, this would add weight to your arguments.

Hi Bob,

Further to the above, I sought expert advice on the credit agreement itself and have to report that it looks enforceable.

So any defence will need to rely on other factors, such as where the funds were credited, etc.

Hi BobD,

You already know that I have reservations about your predicament because of the PPI payments which you claimed and received. Others here obviously think the same and I would assume the bank's barrister would home in on this too.

Did you make the PPI claim AFTER you were made redundant, by which time the bank had approached you personally for payments. Or was the PPI claimed before then.

You must get the further evidence you need about where the money was paid when the loan was first drawn-down. Also, any evidence showing that the company was servicing the monthly payments will be helpful.

Have you approached the police at all. If not, I think you should do so now. They may be disinterested initially and, if you want them to investigate (which will be helpful to your case), you may have to be insistent.

Hi Bob,

I think you have to approach the police as I suggested above.

When is the defence due in.

I think you will have to enter an "embarrassed" defence which will say the claimants Particulars of Claim are not sufficiently particularised, etc, etc.

See this post and onwards for examples of embarrassed defence and re the use of CPR to get info from the bank. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/239030-mbna-reston-threating-court-10.html#post2712509

You can defend the claim in full at this stage.

I think you should also state in your defence that you are the victim of fraud and investigations into this matter by the police are ongoing.

You should write to the claimants sol'rs seeking info using CPR31.14 to address doc'ts you require in response to their claim.

Also use CPR18 to seek the bank's proof as to which a/c the money was credited to.

• Haha 1

To address your earlier point about PPI being included in the loan agreement, this did not make the agreement unenforceable according to the advice I was given about the agreement's enforceability.

The only exception to this is if a "Hidden Commission" had been paid regarding the insurance.

However, this will not affect your defence on the basis that you were the victim of fraud by the MD and others.

Hi Bob,

Your defence will be straightforward just now, because the POC in the claim against you are so poor.

Go through the thread I linked above and remember, the embarrassed defence only has to address the POC.

• Haha 1

Perhaps those not willing to assist BobD can desist from posting, and leave it to those who are willing, thanks.

Hi Bob,

I'll repeat, your defence should answer the POC. As this is insufficiently particularised, you'll enter an "embarrassed" defence as suggested above.

Letters sent under CPR18 and CPR31.14 should still be sent, regardless of the deadline and timescales.

You can then seek the further info you require for use when defending in response to their revised POC (which I assume the court will require) and when preparing your main body of evidence.

Hi Pedross and NO my comments were not aimed at you.

I hadn't seen your post when I made mine, as we posted only 2 minutes apart. :)

The defence can only be based on Bob's assertion that the loan was applied for fraudulently where he was an innocent party, with the funds being paid into the company, or other, account.

Hi Bob,

I've edited out the tel nos. from post #54 - I don't think having these on view will help your cause.

The link in post #40 gives you an "embarrassed" defence example which you can use. Just amend it to reflect your own case.

Hi Bob,

The POC date is not normal but affects little - the POC's are inadequate.

Did you actually send off CPR 18 and CPR 31.14 letters. Or if this was done by Henderson Barker, do you have copies of the letters that were sent.

If not, you should do this yourself now, as you can't rely on getting anything back from HB Ltd. have you requested your documents back from them using Rec'd Del'y ?

Hi Bob,

I have sent you a PM.

Hi Bob,

Please revise the defence to include the suggestions I have sent you and post up the final document, to confirm what you have sent.

Hi Bob and thanks for the up-beat update.

I'm not sure whether you should pursue for compensation to cover your losses due to non-payment under the PPI policy as this support the assertion that the loan (and PPI policy) is yours.

Depending on how the claim against you goes, you should seek refunds of the amounts they took from your bank a/c by Set-Off.

So, rather than seek compensation for their failure to pay up under the PPI policy, I think you should seek compensation for the amounts (wrongly) taken from your personal account, for a loan that isn't yours.

Playing Devil's Advocate, as usual. ;)

Hi Bob,

Sorry if I appeared to pee on your barbeque - just trying to protect your interests !! ;)

I would do nothing at the moment. Maybe review this when you hear further from Halifax about the PPI.

No doubt, if they refund to the account, this will be passed down their lines of communication.