• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swift Reclaim Charges and PPI

jacqui_o
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi SJ

Thanks for that, Swift are giving out the old address details for the broker....... when you call it , it is a roofing firm and they have been there for a few years now...

There seems tome so much stuff missing. there are legal fees and all sorts in there and mortgage redemptions stuff charges that we know nothing about....... have written to them but as per no reply......

am seriously considering trying the 31.16 route....

If you kick a Tiger in the Ass youbetter have a plan to deal with its teeth :madgrin:

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Landy, willwrite to the FSCS adn see what they say......... thereis just so much stuff missing or to me there is anyway.....

we have and £822.50 Litigation charge and £22 interest adjustment charge.....a credit for L & L adjustment and then a debit for the same...a request for info on mortgage.... and RCD of £12 a redemption seeking £23 and ANOTHER £898.90 LITIGATION CHARGE

ACCORDING TO THEM THE DATAT PROTECTION REQUEST HERE ARE THE ENCLOSED DOCS....

CREDIT AGREEMENT,LEGAL CHARGE, APPLICATION FORM, AUTHORITIES AND DECLARATIONS........... TRANSACTION HISTORY . REYPAMENT RECORD........ DISBURSEMENT SHEET....... THATS IT...

NOW WE WERE ALSO CHAGED A ONE OFF FEE FOR PPI......... NOW THE LOAN IS IN 2 NAM,ES, THEYHAVEONYL DONE IT FOR ONE........... NO PAPERWORK FOR THAT EITHER....

I AM SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING A 31.16 FOR SOME OF THIS opps sorry aboutthe caps........

If you kick a Tiger in the Ass youbetter have a plan to deal with its teeth :madgrin:

oh now I wonder would the appeareance of tampering twith the figures inthe account and possible transfer to someone else without telling us would that ocme under the new fraud act?

Hi SJ:)

How did you first go about contacting the FSCS? Jacqui_o called them and they said they couldn't help her - is it best to contact them in writing and do they have any on-line forms etc to fill out like the FOS do? Maybe they misunderstood her query???

Many thanks and wonderful news about the PPI refund!

Landy x

Edited by landy_alert

WEll Done SJ....have read the site and think I have to fill in a form and send them it off....

I am going ot write to Swift asking them to confirm in writing the contact deatils they are using for the company:)

can you scan up whatever you are getting these figs from

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the above figures were taken straight from the transactions sheet enclose din the sar......

amnot sure how to "scan up"

scan your agreement

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc but leave all figures and dates.

goto one one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

browse to your pdf file and upload it

hit close this windows at the bottom below upload it box

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for that. will do it later today......

whilst checking through the transactions list........ Swift have recorded all the cheques for payment as Bos (Bank of Scotland )checques....

We do not have an account with them and never have had........ we were paying by counter cheque from another building society,who have no connection to BOS...

Only on checking the stuff they sent me have I ound this. it has been going on for almost 5 years......

I am now seriously wondering about the records they are kleeping and just how much of this is illegal and who to report it too...

given the financial discrepencies on our account, who would I report it to?...

I have had a read at the new fraud act and am wondering if all 3 section of part 2 apply, does anyone have any ideas or experience of taking this kind of action against Swift...

I was going to email the oft,with copies of my SAR request and copies of the transaction sheet showing all the financial discrepancies, and the 4-5 years of recording the wrong bank details, tome this calls into question every entry they have made on our account...

Hi Jacqui:)

Dougal16T is probably the one you want for info about the Fraud Act - it might be worth sending him a PM........I'm sure he wouldn't mind!

As for the reporting to the OFT - send copies of all correspondence to -

[email protected] and copy to [email protected]

The OFT are building a comprehensive case against Swift and would be grateful for any further damning evidence you can provide ;)

Landy x

• Haha 1

Thanks very much Landy, I will send Dougal a pm, and will type up later tonight and tomorrow mornig a covering letter for the oft and email them a copy of it and also the page with the legal charges and mortgage redemption and all that on it..... will also scan in the opriginal doc, as the top and bottom figures differ, and also a copy of they're SAR response....

Thnaks very much all help is greatly appreciated.....

do you know anythign about 31.16? was thinking on doing that for the underwriting sheet and the insurance stuff as we were never given a copy of the policy or any o its details.....

could also throw in the cheques and all the legal stuff....

do you know anythign about 31.16? was thinking on doing that for the underwriting sheet and the insurance stuff as we were never given a copy of the policy or any o its details.....

could also throw in the cheques and all the legal stuff....

Hi Jacqui:)

Pleased to be of assistance! I have very little personal experience of CPR 31.16 I'm afraid. I did send a request under CPR 31.16 to Swift for my underwriting documentation some time ago, but got the reply that they felt they had already responded to my requests fully and that they had nothing further to add :mad:

Unfortunately I didn't really follow this up as I then put in a complaint to the Finance & Leasing Association (FLA) who as anyone will confirm, are a pointless waste of space.

Hopefully someone with more experience of CPR 31.16 will come along to help you with this aspect!

Landy x

• Haha 1

Hi I uploaded the docs asked for, was jsut wondering if anyonehad had a chance ot look at it. and have any suggestions?

Hi everyone I really do hate ot be a pset, but was asked to scan up the info which I have done, is there anyone who can look at it and perhaps given me the answers?

if you mean your image in post 13

click on it and tell me if you can read it?

its only 6kB

try a higher resolution scan setting

say 300dpi

dx

and they

try this:

and they

no that great, just hat it was on an external site and zipped too

so i copied it here.

ping that member that knows about swift now

dx

and they