• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Default Removal - katenandpete v HSBC **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is no legislation that says they have to retain data for 6 years. Except for information already in the public domain such as CCJ's, BO's, IVA's etc.. A default does not fall into this category.

I think that they are actually asking tinkerbell is that the company concerned are saying that they cannot produce the Credit Agreement as they are saying that they only have to keep these for 6 years so they dont have to supply it as they no longer have it as it is longer than 6 years. That is what i understand from what she is aking but again i might be reading the question wrong lol ;)

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they can't produce a default notice then, under the CCA, no default has occurred, in which case the CRA is holding incorrect data on you. Look up sections 87-89 of the CCA for details on DNs.

Why don't you issue a StatNote to the CRAs (any that are lodging the default account) and tell them that they must remove the default marker as you consider it inaccurate data. If they wish to challenge your demand, then they must request a copy of the default notice from the lender to prove that THEY have the right to hold such an adverse piece of data. It is not up to you to prove you're right, it's up to THEM to prove you wrong.

Make it a condition of any exemption that they must back up any exemption they wish to prove by means of a document to prove their facts. State that you do not want merely a statement from them claiming to be correct - you want to see the goodies.

Okay, I digress....

What the CRAs are tending to do these days is just writing to everyone saying "no because", but NOT including their proof of evidence.

Every other clause under the First principle of processing Personal Data cannot be applied, and it they argue clause 1, then simply withdraw your permission by letter. Clause 6 is their last chance saloon, but the HAVE TO PROVE IT in any exemption letter they send you.

By Law, they do not have a legitimate interest whatsoever unless they can show it... a reply in a letter stating "yes, we can, because the bank says so" is NOT under any circumstances a defence to this part of the Act. THEY HAVE TO PROVE IT with copies.

Everyone needs to understand that the CRAs cannot insist on doing nothing until the banks say so and authorise changes to the credit files - this is another big fallacy that the CRAs have perpetuated to cut down their own work.

They are a separate Data Controller, and you have as much right to demand that they correct your data, as you do to tell the banks to do it. If the banks/suppliers want to start playing silly beggars and playing three-thick-monkeys*, (and Vodafone's behaviour on this aspect lately is nothing short of scandalous) then just deal with the CRA - they HAVE to talk to you and action your requests.

SB you are a class act ;) another fine bit of information that puts things into prospective. I think that we all understand where you are coming from it is just that a lot of people just need pointing in the right direction and with a bit of little information to guide them it gives them fresh hope ;)

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

• 2 weeks later...

Ok this has been brought up in another thread that they tried that tactic that you just mentioned by saying we only have to send you the terms and conditions but you are right in what you are saying the law that they are stating is not right and it does have to be a signed copy or they cannot chase you for the debt.

Click Here For Thread

p.s dont forget the scales ;)

• Confused 1

Finally someone has had success. Look here :D

Click Link Here

Only one word for that WOW ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Well first things first i would reject their offer on several reasons being that they have not met your full ammount, secondly if the account it made up of charges then the default is wrongly unenforceable in law and if this went to court they would lose on both accounts of these reasons.

Secondly i havent got a scooby doo on what they sent you so cant comment on that. Need someone to confirm all this who knows their stuff.