• Tweets

• I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
    • he Fraser group own Robin park in Wigan. The CEO's email  is  [email protected]
    • Yes, it was, but in practice we've found time after time that judges will not rule against PPCs solely on the lack of PP.  They should - but they don't.  We include illegal signage in WSs, but more as a tactic to show the PPC up as spvis rather than in the hope that the judge will act on that one point alone. But sue them for what?  They haven't really done much apart from sending you stupid letters. Breach of GDPR?  It could be argued they knew you had Supremacy of Contact but it's a a long shot. Trespass to your vehicle?  I know someone on the Parking Prankster blog did that but it's one case out of thousands. Surely best to defy them and put the onus on them to sue you.  Make them carry the risk.  And if they finally do - smash them. If you want, I suppose you could have a laugh at the MA's expense.  Tell them about the criminality they have endorsed and give them 24 hours to have your tickets cancelled and have the signs removed - otherwise you will contact the council to start enforcement for breach of planning permission.
    • Developing computer games can be wildly expensive so some hope that AI can cut the cost.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Accountibility Issues = Acer laptop bought at PC WORLD had Centrino 2 Sticker, but is Centrino

SKYPRINCESSINT
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

WHY IS NOBODY ACCEPTING RESPONSIBILITY ?

I purchased an Acer Aspire AS7730 with a centrino 2 processor ( specifically, due to the specs that it has a longer battery life and moves faster ) on the 6 January 2009 at PC World Enfield. On the 3 January, I was told that the store does not accept credit cards that are not chip and pin and therefore I could not purchase the laptop. I went online, booked it and on the 6th January 2009, went in with the store reference no 0772zrc and my card was swiped, accepted and I purchased it.

Why does your staff do this, I'm sure PC WORLD is losing out on loads of business this way !

It was a waste of my precious time and a second trip to the store, which could have been avoided.

My main complaint is that on the 12 June 2009, I went to the same store, to report a problem with the battery, which was running down way to quickly and that its specs said that centrino 2 should have a longer battery life, the one guy called another and they both looked confused.

My Acer Aspire netbook has a longer battery life !

I spent about 45 minutes in a queue and when I got to the front the guy who helped me, clipped off the battery (for static, he said) and said to go home, charge it fully and use it and check how long it takes to run down and that I have a 12 month garuantee on it anyway and that if I have any other problems to call the customer services line and they would pick it up from me.

I got home, did as he said and it did exactly the same thing, it ran down in about 20 minutes.

For 2 weeks, I tried the tech guys line and its always busy and suggests that you call back, due to high call volumes !

Thereafter, I was busy with work and needed my laptop, besides the fact that I did not have the time to go back to PC World, Enfield.

On the 30 October 2009, I handed the laptop in and was told that it would be sent to Acer and would take about 7-14 days, I could not actually afford to waste so much time, without my laptop, but decided to hand it in anyway.I also handed a list with faults,including the fact that the battery was running down quickly, the dvd drive was making a noise and that the processor was centrino and not centrino 2, according to Intel, who I had called and told to check by clicking into device manager and discovered that what I purchased included a T5800 processor no and centrino 2, is meant to be T7000 upwards.

I explained to the staff and they did not seem to understand, what I was explaining and said that it would be added to the list and the tech guys would come back to me.

On the Thursday, 12 November 2009, I got a call from the tech guy, stating that they had fixed the problem and was charging on 63% and the charger was faulty and was heating up and they exchanged it for one that was not heating up as much. I asked him whether he checked to see how long the battery was taking to run down and he said that he did not have the time to do that. One wonders how they checked that the battery was now supposedly fine, if they did not have my password and did check the maximum time the battery was taking to run down !I asked him whether the laptop was sent to Acer. like I was told and he said no and that the person who accepted the laptop, did'nt know what she was talking about and she only worked at refunds and did'nt know any better !

Not my problem, I'm the customer.

On Friday, the 13th November 2009, I collected my laptop, thinking that it was fixed because the tech guy said so !

When I got home, I put the laptop on and found that the battery was still running down, just as quickly as before and the changing of the charger, did'nt make any difference, besides the fact that it was also heating up, just like the previous one.

My question is : Why did it take them 2 weeks of wasting my time and nothing was resolved and I had to make another trip to the store because of an irritating customer services line, which just wastes your airtime holding on and listening to an animated voice.

On Monday, the 16th November 2009, about 12 midday, I called the PC World no 0844 56 10 000.

I was told to call 084 4800 6020 to fetch the laptop, when I explained the problem, I was told that the battery's warranty is for 6 months and when I explained about the centrino 2 specs that specified longer battery life and that when I called Intel, I was told the stores get training and that they should know what the difference between centrino and centrino 2 is, but PC World staff did not know !

The second irritation, is that there was apparently no record made, when I brought it in on the 12 June 2009, which I don't see why that should be my or any customers problem, because we don't know how the store is meant to operate !

I was then told to call Acer and explained to Enver at 0871 760 10000, what the situation was and he asked me to hold, so he can check with his superior and said to call the 0800 012 1909 and ask them to collect it, send it to Acer and that they would swop out the unit.

They record the calls for training purposes, so they should be able to track it !

They, then gave me 084 4800 6020 to call.

Called the tech guys, Simon who said to go back to the store where I purchased it and whoever did the unit purchases should sort it out.

By this time it was already 3pm in the afternoon. I had to travel all the way from South Kensington, to Enfield and only reached them about 5h30pm.

I remember what the manager Gary looked like and found him on the store floor and he directed me to the refunds guy and when I explained about the processor numbers, they did not understand and called another guy, while Gary had to leave us and finish off what he was busy with. The other guys, who did'nt know either came and eventually 5 employees of PC World was called and nobody knew what I was talking about. I proceeded to show them how to find the processor nos on the intel website and where you click on device manager and it it seemed as if they did'nt belive it, until they went and took a print out and saw for themselves.

Gary said that he would send someone else to help me. I sat there, until 6h30 and asked a guy passing, when I was going to be helped. He then called 0800 0234 701 and we spoke to a lady, who checked the situation with Simon, who I had previously to and she said that she would explain the situation to Gary because as a customer I should'nt have to wait any longer. I found Gary on the other end of the store floor and called him to the phone.

The laptop was booked in again, to be swopped out with Acer

On Wednesday, 18th, I called the customer services line and they spoke to the store and the guy said that they would call me back with an answer because they still working on it. Waited the whole day and nobody did.

On Thursday, 19th, I called again and the same thing happened.

On Friday, 29th, I had to go to Swindon and went to PC World there, who was very helpful and called and the lady who helped me, at the tech guys counter, was told that the manager had been off the whole week and the laptop was ready to collect.I wondered waht they had done, in that case, if anything.

I was not going to waste time going to the store AGAIN, with no result and wasting my time, traveling expenses and energy for NOTHING !

I, then asked whether I could call from the store and the lady showed me a landline, which was at a desk nearby.I spoke to customer services and asked them what was happening and he said that they still working on it and that they would call me back. I TOLD HIM THAT I WAS TOLD THAT SEVERAL TIMES, AND STILL NO ONE RESPONDED.He promised me they would this time.

Later that day, Gary the manager, PC World Enfield called to inform me that they had called Acer and they won't accept responsibilty and that they had run a blank and they would inform me of a legal way to tackle Acer, when I asked him about the battery and that they never made a note of it on 12 June 2009, he said that he would get back to me.

STILL WAITING AND NOTHING RESOLVED !

Today is Sunday, 22 November 2009.

Why won't anyone accept responsiblity and accountabillity and I don't see why I as the client, should approach Acer and the unit was purchased by PC World' buyer's, who should have verified that the Laptop is a Centrino 2, if the sticker, put on by Acer, who manufactures it, is what they say it is !

What about customers out there who bought laptop's or anything else for that matter with a specific specification and don't realize, that it's an inferior and incorrect component in it !

Like mine, which has a centrino 2 sticker and that's what I thought I purchased, until I called Intel and they checked it with me and we found it to be a centrino processor !

If I did'nt have a problem with the battery, that means that I would not have uncovered this !

Looks like you've tried pretty much everything.

Couple of questions though, firstly was the item bought off display or was it a boxed unit, was the box sealed with a security sticker, that says "void" when removed? Secondly, do the model numbers on your reciept and laptop/box match?

Also, quick tip, just because the shop is called PC world, doesn't mean that they know anything about PC's. Seriously I work for currys and know more about computing than most PC World employees.

Well assuming that it's the correct laptop your only recourse would be to claim that the laptop was misadvertised and missold.

I would suggest sending a letter to head office stating everything you've said here, along with any evidence you've gathered and copies of any documentation you've recieved from the company, explain to them that you'd like a full refund or exchange for a computer matching the advertised specification. And giving them 14 days within which to comply before you issue a claim in your local small claims court. Naturaly only threaten legal action if you intend to take it out. Make sure they are aware you will claim for full expenses, costs and inconveniance associated with the missold and faulty item.

• 1 month later...