Incorrect issued parking ticket?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just received a ticket while parking in Wood Green. I parked at a pay and display space, and brought ticket. I did a few things, saw I still needed to do more and so needed more time. I stopped for change, and went to get another ticket at the meter. However I was a few minutes late - The ticket ran out at 17:08 and I got back at 17:12 to find a warden issuing a ticket. To his credit, he was very polite and - dare I say - regretful, but still, I had a ticket. I know the council don't allow being late a few minutes as an excuse (Why would they? More money for them) but I was going to appeal on that.

However I checked the ticket, and found it had, what I think is the wrong code. It had 19 - and written:

Parked in a residents' or shared use parking place displaying an invalid permit, an invalid voucher or an invalid pay & display ticket

Checking the Harringay parking site, I think the correct one would be 05 :

Parked after the expiry of paid for time

I've taken photos of the car, markings and the signs. It does say residents between 9am - 10pm but theres another sign under that saying pay at meter 9am - 6.30pm. Also the space behind me was a traders only space. I'm sure he thinks he was giving me the ticket for being out of time, but maybe pushed a wrong button and used the wrong code? Also on the ticket, it said, 'Expiry time of ticket' and it was marked N/A.

Is this the worng code? Or does it not matter what code they used? And is it ground for cancelling this ticket?

Any help, you wonderfully clever people!

I just don't think so. It's not an invaild ticket, it's an expired one. And he didn't mark down the time it expired. There is a code for expired tickets, and it wasn't used.

Anyway, i've appealled now.

Oh, and green mean, having had your posts on a thread of mine before, can I just say now - please, no more comments from you thanks.

I just don't think so. It's not an invaild ticket, it's an expired one. And he didn't mark down the time it expired. There is a code for expired tickets, and it wasn't used.

Anyway, i've appealled now.

Oh, and green mean, having had your posts on a thread of mine before, can I just say now - please, no more comments from you thanks.

What is the point of asking for advice if you only want to hear you are right? :???:

Contravention Code 19 – Suffixes irswxyz Parked in a residents’ or shared use parking place displaying an invalid permit, an invalid voucher or an invalid pay and display ticket

IS - H

A PCN may be issued where some attempt has been made to park lawfully within a bay but what is displayed in the vehicle is incorrect (e.g. the pay and display ticket has expired or the voucher has been incorrectly scratched out).

Liamhastings,

You ain't gonna win this on the contravention code. You will need to check that the PCN is lawful, that the bays are lawfully marked out and that the traffic order is valid.

You won't get help with this if you are going to be rude to people.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Liamhastings,

You won't get help with this if you are going to be rude to people.

It's not my intention to be rude, just learning from experience. I spent the better part of a day aurging the most insignificant point with Green and Mean - one which didn't even matter to the case I had made. I do not want a repeat of that.

I'm pretty sure I was polite in asking anyway.

Anyhow, I'm still not sure of this ticket. I'll contest it, and see what happens.

It's not my intention to be rude, just learning from experience. I spent the better part of a day aurging the most insignificant point with Green and Mean - one which didn't even matter to the case I had made. I do not want a repeat of that.

I'm pretty sure I was polite in asking anyway.

Anyhow, I'm still not sure of this ticket. I'll contest it, and see what happens.

Ah yes now I remember, the infamous 'is Good Friday a Bank holiday' thread. :D

ps. (I wasn't the only one arguing)

pps. (I was right tho its not a bank holiday) ;)

ppps. Good luck with the PCN the codes are interchangeable tho some councils use 05s (the s indicates shared use permit/p&d) some use 19. I would check they do not have a 'grace' period after expiry even tho not advertised most Councils allow a few mins (up to 5 usually) it may also be worth posting a piccy of the sign maybe mileage if its wrong.