Argos and LG DVD Player

orangedog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi just want some advice "just in case".

Last Dec I bought from Argos an LG home cinema DVD player that was on offer at £99.99, being advertised as "half price".

Recently, when playing discs it kept giving "disc error" messages and last Saturday it stopped working all together. The cust services call centre told me to take back to the store with the receipt and they would arrange repair. Which I have done.

What concerned me is that the deputy manager who was arranging the repair told me that they didn't stock this model any more and if it couldn't be repaired and LG didn't have the same model to replace it, they would offer me a refund in the form of vouchers.

"If" this happens do I have to accept the vouchers? Can I demand a cash refund? Or can I demand that they replace it with the model they now stock in it's place, that retails at £179.99?

I know this is hypothetical at the moment, I just want to be armed with what my rights are should the worse case scenario take place.

Also, if the item is repaired, is it covered for another 12 months should the fault return?

Many thanks in advance.

they are not required to to give a cash refund [unless it is a recognised manu fault and thus unfit for purpose under soga]

if it cannot be repaired they will issue vouchers for the price you paid and no the 12mts does not restart [though there is effectively no such time limit anyhow - it should last a 'resonable' amount of time for that type of product - not just 12mts]

hth

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...