Has Nationwide let you down?

indebtstudent
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If so you are not alone, this is a follow up article which has a link to the original. The original article and the two related stories have over four hundred comments most of which are negative yet bizarrly Nationwide don't think there is a problem!

Money Mail feels Nationwide has made a very strong case in its defence on bank charges.

It makes £100m from bank charges - about £20 per customer. Nationwide says this is less than half any bank makes per customer even after cutting its charges.

It does not charge for transactions made in Europe, and the new card fee for other countries only covers Nationwide's costs, making it the cheapest.

Nationwide replies: 'We have operated a different, more generous charging structure than banks. Unlike them, we do not charge a fee for allowing items to be paid that take accounts overdrawn, so we are making significantly less from fees than they are.'

Nationwide on trial: the verdict | This is Money

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.