CapQuest requesting address from over 10 years ago

lancsgirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

'Capquest have an obligation to update their file with data concerning change of address or establish a new residence'

Why do Capquest have an obligation to update anything? They are only a simple (very simple imho) debt collectors with sod all rights. They made my life hell with their non-stop phone calls and 'telograms' and the debts weren't even mine. They have absolutely NO rights to any information from you or about you. Personally I would ignore them or tell them to get stuffed, but that isn't really very practical advice for you! I think they are just phishing, hoping to con you into giving them some information that they can use against you to hound you until you start paying them something.

From personal experience, and the more I read on here, the more angry I become with these organisations and their underhand, deceitful, arrogant and downright rude way they treat people. Sorry for the rant, but to begin harrassing someone for a debt that is probably about 15 years old is really scraping the barrel :x. I'm sure if you type 'student loan' into your search engine you will eventually be able to find the information you need about whether or not it is statute barred, and if it is then send these bunch of mongrals the appropriate letter. Whatever you do, get yourself armed with the right information and just don't let them get to you. They really are not worth it. (Oh, and never deal with them by telephone. If you feel you have to contact them then keep it all in writing and don't sign you letters.)

Ok, rant over :D.

• Haha 1