forgot to tell them i moved, can i claim charges?

potnoodle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I had a woolwich buffer of £50 of which i was up to about £40 when i moved in sept 2004. i forgot to tell them i moved as i didnt use the account anymore, however having done a credit search on myself found my balance is now around £700 overdrawn. I had to wait 4 weeks to speak to someone as i didnt know my password and they didnt issue another. i spoke to them on the phone today having received a letter saying all charges would statnd. they offered to take off £400 and i would have to pay 350 balance. i refused and offered 100, (50 buffer and 50 for their trouble) which they turned down. they owe me around 700 in charges from the period 2000 - 2003 when i stopped using the account. they have refused to stop the charges or freeze the account, saying it was my fault i didnt inform them i moved. will i be able to take them to court for these charges? i havent paid them yet.

No. I meant the interest you are allowed to claim on the money the banks have (edit) from you!! say you're owed 660 youd probably see around 820ish when you win

Moderated :edited ... please do not use words that may be seen as libelous , this is for the protection of the site .

Do a full SAR ..also send a letter telling them officially the amount they are saying you owe is in dispute.

When you recieve back your SAR let us know in here the breakdown of what it says you owe and what they have unlawfully taken from you.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.