• Tweets

• Well, that's it then. Clear proof of the rubbish cameras. Clear proof of double dipping. G24 won't be getting a penny. Belt & braces, I would write to the address LFI has found, include the evidence of double dipping, and ask Fraser Group to call their dogs off.
    • LOL. after sending Perch capital a CCA request with a stapled £1 PO attached (x2) Their lapdog Legal team TM Legal have sent me two letters today saying "due to a recent payment on the account, your account is open to legal/enforcement action" so i guess they have tried to apply that payment to the account to run the statue bar along. dirty tactics lol.
    • I have initiated the breathing space so ill wait. from re reading everything this what i understand BS gives me 60 days break from the creditors during these 60 days they may contact me and will most likely default I need to wait until after a default notice to see whether the OC will keep the debt or sell it off If kept by the OC then i should attempt a plan or pay some token payment? If sold to DCA then don't pay and after 6 years it will leave my credit report once the DN is registered with a date. DCA may start a CCJ but unlikely, if they do come back here. last question, do you know roughly how long this will all take? in terms of defaults/default notice, potential CCJ? Would you say I have 12 months plus from when the BS ends?
    • Well, it's up to you. Years & years & years ago the forum used to suggest appealing to POPLA, but then AFAIK POPLA's remit was changed and it became much more biased in favour of the PPCs. One of the problems with taking that route is that the onus will fall on you to prove your appeal, while if you do nothing the onus is on MET to start legal action which experience teaches they are very, very reluctant to do. If you go down the POPLA route I would think your ace would be insufficient signage.  Are you able to go back there and get photos of their rubbish, entrapping signs?
    • The first clearly visible sign as you pull in to the car park states “McDonald’s Customers Only 60 minutes” The next clearly visible sign is an almost identical sign outside Starbucks which states “60 minutes free stay for customers only” There are other signs towards the rear of the car park (away from the outlets) that have the terms and conditions on them in very small print.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

marianiamh v nationwide

marianiamh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oooooo Ive just started, I just rang nationwide to request 6 years of statements and I apparently have to put it in writing, I have just sent the letter off recorded delivery requesting them... Do i start from todays date 6 years ago? or when I recieve the statements?

Maria

***Nationwide***

Data Protection Sent 05/08/06

Statements received 17/08/06

Prelim Sent Rec Delivery £1231.50 18/08/06

LBA Sent 11/09/06 Rec Delivery

N1 Issued 28/09/2006 for £1561.80 inc Interst

Date of Service 30/09/2006

***WON*** NATIONWIDE PAID 12/10/06

Have you remembered to enclose the £10? Sure you have but just wanted to check ? :)

Welcome and good luck - you're in good company here!

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

I thought it was £5.00???

***Nationwide***

When i rang this morning she asked me for £5 per statement!!!! I said its £5.00 for the whole lot then i spoke to someone else and tjhey never mentioned the fee at all, shall i send another letter with a cheque for £10??

***Nationwide***

When i rang this morning she asked me for £5 per statement!!!! I said its £5.00 for the whole lot then i spoke to someone else and tjhey never mentioned the fee at all, shall i send another letter with a cheque for £10??

Yes - otherwise they will tell you after about 40 days that you have sent the wrong fee and you'll have to wait another 40 days.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

Thanks all sorted now so here comes the waiting!!!

***Nationwide***

You are a little ahead of me as I'm finding all my statements today, should have all of them I hope. I posted the following on the Welcome section this morning as I've just had enough of Nationwide taking all my money. It is all a bit scary tho!Helps to know others are in the same position. Good luck

This site looks like it could be the answer to my prayers. I'm now horrendously overdrawn and £600 in arrears with my mortgage due to Nationwides bank charges. The charges have had a gradual effect over about a year, starting with refusual of direct debits, incurring charges having a knock on effect which has now made it impossible to pay bills including credit cards and mortgage as the bank charges are between £300 and £400 per month! Nationwide refused a direct debit of £7 and charged £30 to do so. Nationwide refused a guaranteed cheque of £100 as it was a non consecutive cheque number ie presented to them "in the wrong numerical order", and charged £30 for that too. I have spoken to them on the telephone and they have simply lied to me. I have now had enough and have to do something about it. My credit scoring is in tatters due to Nationwide. I'm digging my bank statements out as I should have all six years worth. AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH I'm angry !!!!!!!!

SB KNight - welcome and you will get that money back. Please can you start your own thread though so we can keep up to date with your progress - this one belongs to marianiamh. Thanks :)

Just checked on Royal Mail site and my letter requesting statements was signed for this morning!!! Im waiting in suspense LOL.......

Do i give them 40 days from the date of my letter or 40 days from today??

:-?

***Nationwide***

HI have a question

Can you claim back charges even if you knew you were gonna get them? I know whilst i had this account that I never had enough funds to cover a few cheques and wrote them anyway......Obviously was charged LOL

Also I still owe nationwide for this flex account... It is with a DCA with whom I have an arrangement with to pay and have done so for approx 2 years... So if i win could they just credit that account that the DCA have or can i request that they send me a cheque personally?!?!?!?!?

***Nationwide***

HI have a question

Can you claim back charges even if you knew you were gonna get them? I know whilst i had this account that I never had enough funds to cover a few cheques and wrote them anyway......Obviously was charged LOL

Also I still owe nationwide for this flex account... It is with a DCA with whom I have an arrangement with to pay and have done so for approx 2 years... So if i win could they just credit that account that the DCA have or can i request that they send me a cheque personally?!?!?!?!?:confused:

***Nationwide***

Hi there

I did start a thread called "just started" not quite sure how to link these together can a mod do it for me please??

Anyway there is a question on my previous thread that i would like help with if you know the answer....

Also Im getting impatient waiting for my statements (I know its only a week ago) LOL i just rang nationwide and spoke to a guy called chris he said a letter went out to me on 8th August (Im assuming this is the standard blah blah blah)

He said they have a back log of approx 350 which i didnt think was a lot considering.......

Anyway thought id let you all know...

roll on september :lol:

***Nationwide***

Just thought i would give an up date......

Since I rang them yesterday they said they had posted me a letter out on Monday, I hadnt recieved it this morning so i rang them again cos it dont take 4 days to get a letter from Northampton I only live 16 miles from there :p

Anyway in my letter for requesting statements i also told them about my change of address (they reckon i never told them but funny how thw DCA knew where i lived LOL and ive been here for 3 years!!) anyway cos i hadnt recieved them i rang and low and behold they sent 40 day letter to my old address. I spoke to a really nice guy called Gary and he said they would change my address but i did point out to him that if i hadnt phoned and given them 40 days i would have then sent the complaint and reported them. He was quite understanding and said he would hurry the statements up for me and re-send the letter to my new address.

Im just concerned now that the statements are going to go to my old address. What would be the next step if i dont get them within 40 days and they send them to my old address because i have no idea how much the total is in charges... so i couldnt send them a true figure or even estimate in LBA...

Would appreciate some comments...:|

Thanks a lot......:D

***Nationwide***

If you don't get them within 40 days there are templates in the Library section that you can use, although I am sure it will be fine :)

In response to your previous question about knowing you were going to get charged, that is not a problem. It is the level at which the charges were incurred that is unlawful not the reasons why.

Out of interest, did Nationwide sell the debt to the DCA or are the DCA just collecting for Nationwide?

Im not sure dolly but i have been paying the DCA amongst other debts through a counselling charity so i dont really know can i find out?

Thanks for all your help

***Nationwide***

Quick update

I received a letter from nationwide on saturday saying they apologised about sddress mix up etc. Blah blah about 40 days and then it says "I have today requested copy statements for you to collect at your branch at your convenience please take ID with you when you collect" Does that then mean that Im gonna get them before the 40 days or has she just requested that they be done within 40 days???

Maria

***Nationwide***

I would assume that they are at your local branch already, that is how it reads to me.

Update:

I have called data protection team again as i still havent recieved statements. I spoke to a lady who couldnt apologise enough for "wording the letter wrong" and i will not be receiving my statements till the 40 days are up. Im not very happy mainly because im impatient but also because their letter is worded to make me think that my statements are at the branch ready for collection!!!

I have requested that someone rings me today to get this sorted out otherwise i will be maing complaints.

Oh and they still havent altered my address!!!!!

Does any1 have any ideas as to what i can do???

Maria :confused:

***Nationwide***

Jesus Mystic Meg must work for nationwide cos as soon as i posted the last reply my mobile went and it was gary from nationwide (he is lovely & very helpful lol) he has got my statements and is posting them special delivery today to the branch - because they have still not changed my address!!!!!!!!

Anyway Im just pleased im getting my statements tomorrow, thats a nice birthday present!!!

I shall let you know tomorrow how much they owe meeeeeee!!!!!!!:razz:

***Nationwide***

Yay!! Just think, if you follow the timetable you'll have the money back in about 6 or 7 weeks :)

Wooohoooooo!!! Update!!!

Got Statements yesterday Worked out that in total they owe me £1157.50 in charges. A few questions though - Can i apply for Unauthorised Over Draft Fees There is 5 x £10.00 and 2 x £12.00?? Total £74.00

Also wondered what letter i send now and i wanted to know can I request that they pay me by cheque because if they credit the flex account i wont actually even see the money cos its with a DCA and I have an arrangment with them every month.

Want to get this letter off today so comments would be appreciated, and also the address where i send it to....

Cheers Maria:-D

***Nationwide***

Also how do i work out the interest cos in the prem approach letter it states i have to list the interest taken from account.

***Nationwide***