Welcome finance - Attachment of Earnings

craigamc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can someone please help me?

In July 2007 I took out a loan with welcome for £2k. I have received a copy of CCA following a SAR

Shortly after received the loan, I called to remove the PPI. This was done and I signed a new agreement on 04/09/07 - I have a copy of this

I moved house in Sept 07 and did advise them of my new address. However they clearly have gone through CCJ process with my old address and in June I had a deduction of £100 taken from my wages as the result of a AOE from progressive finance. The total oustanding on the CCJ is apparantly £6050. More than tripple the original agreement with PPI.

I am furious and really need to get this resolved. They have obviously taken no notice of the new agreement which was signed on 04/09/07

They also sent me a statement of account with the CCA which shows field visit charges - how can they visit me if I'm not there? I have also had letters through my letterbox at my new property, so clearly someone had my new address as I also confirmed it with the branch manager in a heated conversion in Sept 07.

What can I do now

ANY help would be much appreciated, I can't let them get away with this

Thanks

Craig

So, you didn't receive the court papers before the CCJ?

Having informed them of a change of address, if they served the CCJ papers to your old address you have grounds for a set aside.

The AOE paperwork you received should tell you which court to contact. Apply to them for a set aside.

What is the position regarding arrears?

I gota CCJ transfer form from my local court, I can only assume that my employer informed them of my address, there was no other information in the envelope, just 1 sheet

In terms of arrears, I paid 1 installment on the original agreement (with PPI), then they never changed the DD over. The secondary agreement was also in dispute as they changed the term from 36 to 24 months, but they never responded.