• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Black Horse Loan & PPI DN's (case now in Court)

mkb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Personal loan reference:

I purchased the above policies from you in connection with the loans referenced above.

I believe that I was mis-sold these policies for the reason(s) given below, and wish you to investigate my complaint according to your normal complaint procedures.

The policy exclusions weren’t explained to me before or at the time I took out the insurance. I was therefore unable to make an informed decision as to whether this insurance was appropriate for me.

I now believe the insurance was unsuitable for me as I was self employed at the time I took out the policy and was not made aware of the specific exclusions relating to unemployment cover.

Please now investigate my complaint within the eight weeks allowed to you. I expect that you will uphold my complaint and refund all premiums paid plus both statutory and compound interest and compensation.

If I have not recieved a satisfactory response within 8 weeks I will forward my complaint to the small claims court where you may be liable for my costs incurred.

Yours Faithfully

Generally if the account is in arrears they credit to the loan if the account is ok they will refund direct to you. However you can fight that when it comes down to it. You need to get that sent to the customer services people in Newport - put a reminder on your calander and at the 6 week mark if you haven't heard anything send a 2 week reminder letter.

Don't let it go. Write to Black Horse as well saying you dispute the PPI element and therefore they should put any action relating to this on hold until they have investigated your mis-selling complaint.

• 2 weeks later...

can you scan a copy of the needs and demands?

Typical first response from Black Horse - but you see it is not marked Final Response - it won't be cos they don't want this to go to the FOS - they are hoping you will just forget it now.

But you won't!!

If you can scan the needs and demands I will put you together another letter. Do you mind me asking about your disability? Was it diagnosed prior to the loan being taken out and can you provide documentation of this to them if needed?

what a piece of crap needs and demands - no where on that does it say what their exclusions are - and handy how it is all typed - with just a signature on the bottom.

Did you get the leaflet they say you should have recieved explaining the exclusions? I bet not!

Ammend as desired but something like this??

Dear Ms Webb,

Re: Personal loan reference:

I thank you for your response dated XX/XX/XX the contents of which are noted.

I read in your letter that I should have been given a leaflet detailing the policy exclusions, this has never been given to myself and therefore I still ascetain that the policy exclusions weren’t explained to me before or at the time I took out the insurance. I was therefore unable to make an informed decision as to whether this insurance was appropriate for me.

The needs and demands statement also does not take into account my pre-existing medical condition. I was at no point asked about any conditions I may have suffered that could have invalidated the insurances. I have enclosed documentary proof that I had such a condition prior to taking out the loan.

Again I allege that I have been sold insurances that I could not make use of.

I have also become aware that your sales person may have received commision on the sale of such policies which was not disclosed to myself at the time. Therefore the sales person may not have been acting impartially for which I am being financially penalised.

Please now look into my complaint again, you have until XX/XX/XX at which time the 8 weeks prescribed will be up. I expect that you will uphold my complaint and refund all premiums paid plus both statutory and compound interest and compensation.

If I have not recieved a satisfactory response before the above date I will forward my complaint to the small claims court where you may be liable for my costs incurred.

Yours Faithfully

• 4 weeks later...

Sure - try something like this.....

Ref:XXXXXXXXXX

Dear Ms Webb

I refer to my letter sent to you on xx/xx/xx and received by yourselves on xx/xx/xx, a copy of which is enclosed for your ease.

As you will be aware the prescribed 8 weeks for you to deal with my complaint is due to expire on 22/09/09 and therefore please expediate either your final response or refund with urgency.

Should I not receive either of these by the date above I will have no further option but to refer this matter to either the Finanacial Ombudsman Service or Small Claims Court where you may be liable for costs.

Yours Faithfully

• 2 weeks later...

PPI claim MUST still be dealt with by them and yes you should be reclaiming charges.

I have done an F&F settlement with BH before as they do not read letters that comes with payment - they seperate the cheque and bank it before reading the letter.

May be something for you to consider - work out what they say you owe - deduct the PPI and the charges plus any interest and if there is any outstanding balance consider what you want to offer on that amount.

Something to think about anyway

Hi Andie - sadly I think there will still be too much outstanding to offer a F & F.

Ho hum - better get SAR off now then

Will keep updating cos I'm bound to need help with this one again ;)

i didn't offer the full amount outstanding i sent a cheque from a 3rd party for about 20%

They didn't realise until after they banked the cheque and then read the letter that they now had to close my account as if they accept a cheque from a 3rd party detailing it's a f&f settlement there is nothing they can really do about it.

It took a while but eventually they closed my account and marked my credit file as settled. There were no negative markers from them on it but that would have been a condition of acceptance if they had.

I'm about to try it again with another company but this time i'm going for 10% and again hoping they don't read letters before they bank cheques :)

I think you are best just to counterclaim it in court. When you acknowledge the claim you then get x amount of days to file a defence when you file your defence issue a counterclaim against them. If you're unsure how to do this ring the court that have issued the paperwork and they will tell you how to do it. The good thing about small claims is the judge will see you on your own and explain everything to you in non legal speak so you can understand it.

Amazing news well done on the PPI - hope the letters helped a little towards that.

I think you should send them something along the lines of.......

Dear Sir/Madam

Reference:XXXXXXXXXXXX

You have recently upheld my complaint for mis-sold PPI and have agreed to refund premium of £XXXX + interest totaling £XXXX.

You have recently instructed court proceedings on my account due to arrears of £XXXX, however those arrears were made up of including £XXXX of now admitted mis-sold PPI.

My calculations show with this refund my account is now in credit.

Therefore I know believe your claim should be withdrawn and my monthly payment reinstated.

Should you disagree with this position I ask for an explanation in writing within 14 days.

If I have not heard from you before this time I will petition the court to strike out your claim on these grounds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

oh Fast Track - I have zero experience of that so not really the best person to help.

I always found if I was stuck I called the court and asked them.

It might be worth ringing them and saying you have requested information under CPR to help with AQ and formal defence but **** have ignored your request and you are not sure what to do now.