• Tweets

• Do you think I should send the CCA request now then instead of waiting? I really can do without the stress. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you for responding.
    • How was the "receiver" appointed and what is their role? Appointed by the lender under the terms of their security on the loan (sometimes referred to as "LPA Receiver")? Or are they acting for you in insolveny? What's the current role of the agent?
    • Wait for more replies, but that letter to me can be interpreted as a letter before action. Ignoring it can have consequences. The court to impose sanctions for failure in responding to a letter of claim.
    • I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Black Horse Loan & PPI DN's (case now in Court)

mkb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I took out a loan last year for £8000 with BH. I was also sold PPI which defo comes under mis-selling as I was self-employed.

I don't know if its a single premium or not cos in my paperwork it is listed seperately & has an amount of monthly repayment against it but I don't have statements to show if they apply seperate payments to it.:confused:

I am in financial difficulties so went to Payplan to negotiate a DMP but found they weren't particularly helpful so have written to my creditors again with my proposals for repayment.

Todays post brings a DN from BH for a) the loan & b) the PPI:(

Interestingly though, the demand to put it right by 10/08/09 PPI DN is for a much bigger amount (£1720.73) than the loan (£525.23). Now the initial PPI cost was £2763.36 plus credit charge of £1406.04, making a total cost of £4169.40 so I don't have a clue how they get the DN figure.

I WILL be reclaiming the PPI element but don't know which category it comes under ie. single premium or monthly.

I don't give a flying fig about my credit rating cos its shot to pieces anyway but can BH still note it if the policy was mis-sold?

Sorry its such a long one but my head is spinning & I know you wonderful caggers can help and, as always, its much appreciated :)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I took out a loan last year for £8000 with BH. I was also sold PPI which defo comes under mis-selling as I was self-employed.

I don't know if its a single premium or not cos in my paperwork it is listed seperately & has an amount of monthly repayment against it but I don't have statements to show if they apply seperate payments to it.:confused:

I am in financial difficulties so went to Payplan to negotiate a DMP but found they weren't particularly helpful so have written to my creditors again with my proposals for repayment.

Todays post brings a DN from BH for a) the loan & b) the PPI:(

Interestingly though, the demand to put it right by 10/08/09 PPI DN is for a much bigger amount (£1720.73) than the loan (£525.23). Now the initial PPI cost was £2763.36 plus credit charge of £1406.04, making a total cost of £4169.40 so I don't have a clue how they get the DN figure.

I WILL be reclaiming the PPI element but don't know which category it comes under ie. single premium or monthly.

I don't give a flying fig about my credit rating cos its shot to pieces anyway but can BH still note it if the policy was mis-sold?

Sorry its such a long one but my head is spinning & I know you wonderful caggers can help and, as always, its much appreciated :)

Try this link for debt management....http://www.cccs.co.uk/

On the PPI front reclaim it as mis-sold due to you being self employed.

also have a look at these links re mis-selling of PPI.

PPI - Some Notes for Claimants..

For claims before 2005 and the FSA ruling from which campaign

How to tell if you’ve been mis-sold PPI

Quick check: were you mis-sold? - How to tell if you’ve been mis-sold PPI

Not sure what to say about the figures but you should submit a Subject Access Request to get all the data they hold on you.

Full SAR for ppi

Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access Request

You should request the following documents:

A true copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement with the Terms and Conditions that were applicable at the time you took the loan/card/mortgage.

Copies of all statements applicable to the loan/card/mortgage.

Copies of all correspondence that apply to you as a data subject ie letters, emails, faxes etc.

Copies of all recorded telephone calls or transcripts of the recordings.

A copy of the needs and demands or customer duty of care questionnaire... here is an example.

http://wwwa.mbna.co.uk/insurance/files/CP0608_INSU_MB_LP_S.pdf

Copies of any notes made by bank/loan company staff in their dealings with you as a data subject.

There is much more information in here that should help you along the way.

Mis-sold PPI? Want your money back? use these links to help

Do not be fobbed off by them citing issues such as relevant filing systems.

If they have any records/data on you as a data subject and it is held under your name, address, post code, account number/s or any other system where the data is identifiable to you then it is a relevant filing system. Even if it is a specific serial number on microfiche records and the serial number is applicable to you.

Send the SAR recorded delivery so you can track and see the date they received it they then have 40 calendar days to supply you with the information. Also use a postal order as you can also track when it was encashed.

If the figures on the DN are inaccurate this would IMO give them a problem if they pursue you in court but:

On the subject of the DN you should get good advice in this forum...

Debt Collection Industry

Edited by alanalana
link added

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Sorry if I'm being a bit dim here but do I need to send both the full SAR for PPI and the DPA 1998 - SAR? Are they not both one & the same, just worded slightly differently? :confused:

How does this look

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Re: Account number:

Dear Sir/Madam

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not limited merely to 6 years of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

In addition to the above, I also require the following:

A true copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement with the Terms and Conditions that were applicable at the time you took the loan/card/mortgage.

Copies of all statements applicable to the loan.

Copies of all correspondence that apply to me as a data subject i.e. letters, emails, faxes etc.

Copies of all recorded telephone calls or transcripts of the recordings.

A copy of the needs and demands or customer duty of care questionnaire.

Copies of any notes made by loan company staff in their dealings with me as a data subject.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

Yours faithfully

Edited by mkb
adding to post

Just one SAR required I posted both links so you could have a choice on what to use.

I will try and have a look at the letter a little later as I am about to go out.

Quick look says it is ok.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Digging through my paperwork, I found the following demands & needs questionnaire which clearly shows that I am self-employed so I'm thinking that I don't need to SAR them......would be glad of your opinions here.

Referring to the DN they sent me - the PPI element on the agreement is payable at £69.49 every month so, given that the agreement is only 13 months old 13x69.49 = 903.37 but the DN is claiming arrears of £1720.73!!!

Advice on how to proceed with this would be very welcome :)

Demands and needs questionnaire re BH PPI.doc

BH Default notice re PPI.doc

B H Agreement.doc

Hi Andie

1st attempt at using attachments and they don't work - aaarrrgh:mad:

Anyhow, after reading your post, I rung them with the query & they said that I would be covered for life, accident & sicness plus critical illness but not for unemployment so, IYHO, would I still ahve a case? I don't want to fire off the letters only to get egg on my face :eek:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Personal loan reference:

I purchased the above policies from you in connection with the loans referenced above.

I believe that I was mis-sold these policies for the reason(s) given below, and wish you to investigate my complaint according to your normal complaint procedures.

The policy exclusions weren’t explained to me before or at the time I took out the insurance. I was therefore unable to make an informed decision as to whether this insurance was appropriate for me.

I now believe the insurance was unsuitable for me as I was self employed at the time I took out the policy and was not made aware of the specific exclusions relating to unemployment cover.

Please now investigate my complaint within the eight weeks allowed to you. I expect that you will uphold my complaint and refund all premiums paid plus both statutory and compound interest and compensation.

If I have not recieved a satisfactory response within 8 weeks I will forward my complaint to the small claims court where you may be liable for my costs incurred.

Yours Faithfully

Andie - thank you!! I hate doing anything that makes me look stupid & gives them the upper hand ;)

As far as the DN goes, how should I approach that?

If they agree that I was mis-sold, do I get a refund or is it deducted from the o/s loan?

So many questions......

Generally if the account is in arrears they credit to the loan if the account is ok they will refund direct to you. However you can fight that when it comes down to it. You need to get that sent to the customer services people in Newport - put a reminder on your calander and at the 6 week mark if you haven't heard anything send a 2 week reminder letter.

Don't let it go. Write to Black Horse as well saying you dispute the PPI element and therefore they should put any action relating to this on hold until they have investigated your mis-selling complaint.

Newport? I only have the Cardiff address or Reg office at 25 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7HN.

I was going to use the Cardiff address & post by Special Delivery - even if it comes off the loan, £4170 is very welcome :D

Yes.

This is what I'm gonna send by special delivery:

I acknowledge receipt of the default notice sent to me by post regarding the payment protection insurance (PPI).

Enclosed with this letter is a complaint regarding the PPI since I believe that I was mis-sold this policy & therefore I request that you take no further action until the issue has been resolved.

Any comments or ok to post? I have written same letter re loan DN. Will also send in same envelope to save postage costs:-D

• 2 weeks later...

Todays post brought this:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8092/bhpage1aug7.jpg

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6657/bhaug7page2.jpg

as well as a copy of the loan agreement with the demands & needs questionnaire.

Where do I go from here?

I can just about accept the lack of cover for unemployment but I am disabled with, obviously, health problems which would not be covered under this agreement. I was NOT asked about existing conditions etc although I maybe should have asked about this at the time. :(

Edited by mkb

can you scan a copy of the needs and demands?

Typical first response from Black Horse - but you see it is not marked Final Response - it won't be cos they don't want this to go to the FOS - they are hoping you will just forget it now.

But you won't!!

If you can scan the needs and demands I will put you together another letter. Do you mind me asking about your disability? Was it diagnosed prior to the loan being taken out and can you provide documentation of this to them if needed?

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2157/bhdandn.jpg

Re disability - of course I don't mind you asking :smile:

I have been in receipt of DLA since about 2000 and have plenty of proof if needed. I have been awarded it for an indefinite period so, clearly, I am not going to improve :(

I probably even walked into their office with my stick although I can't be certain of this.

what a piece of crap needs and demands - no where on that does it say what their exclusions are - and handy how it is all typed - with just a signature on the bottom.

Did you get the leaflet they say you should have recieved explaining the exclusions? I bet not!

Ammend as desired but something like this??

Dear Ms Webb,

Re: Personal loan reference:

I thank you for your response dated XX/XX/XX the contents of which are noted.

I read in your letter that I should have been given a leaflet detailing the policy exclusions, this has never been given to myself and therefore I still ascetain that the policy exclusions weren’t explained to me before or at the time I took out the insurance. I was therefore unable to make an informed decision as to whether this insurance was appropriate for me.

The needs and demands statement also does not take into account my pre-existing medical condition. I was at no point asked about any conditions I may have suffered that could have invalidated the insurances. I have enclosed documentary proof that I had such a condition prior to taking out the loan.

Again I allege that I have been sold insurances that I could not make use of.

I have also become aware that your sales person may have received commision on the sale of such policies which was not disclosed to myself at the time. Therefore the sales person may not have been acting impartially for which I am being financially penalised.

Please now look into my complaint again, you have until XX/XX/XX at which time the 8 weeks prescribed will be up. I expect that you will uphold my complaint and refund all premiums paid plus both statutory and compound interest and compensation.

If I have not recieved a satisfactory response before the above date I will forward my complaint to the small claims court where you may be liable for my costs incurred.

Yours Faithfully

Thanks Andie - letter will be off in post today ;)

Have just dug out my award letter for DLA relevant to that time & it covers from Jan 04 - Jan 09 :D

Does the 8 week period start from my inital letter or from their receipt of this new one?

This is going off today :rolleyes: Thank you Andie for all your help - have tipped your scales :D

Dear Ms Webb,

I thank you for your response dated 30/07/09 the contents of which are noted.

I read in your letter that I should have been given a leaflet detailing the policy exclusions, this has never been given to me and therefore I still ascertain that the policy exclusions weren’t explained to me before or at the time I took out the insurance. I was therefore unable to make an informed decision as to whether this insurance was appropriate for me.

The needs and demands statement also does not take into account my pre-existing medical condition. I was at no point asked about any conditions I may have suffered that could have invalidated the insurances. I have enclosed documentary proof that I had such a condition prior to taking out the loan.

I also enclose proof that this condition has now been awarded for an indefinite period so this policy would never have been suitable for me.

Again I allege that I have been sold insurances that I could not make use of.

I have also become aware that your sales person may have received commission on the sale of such policies which was not disclosed to myself at the time. Therefore the sales person may not have been acting impartially for which I am being financially penalised.

Please now look into my complaint again, you have until 22/09/2009 at which time the 8 weeks prescribed will be up. I expect that you will uphold my complaint and refund all premiums paid plus both statutory and compound interest and compensation.

If I have not received a satisfactory response before the above date I will forward my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

Yours Faithfully

Encl. Proof of DLA covering 1)Jan 04 – Jan 09 & 2) Jan 09 for an indefinite period.

• 4 weeks later...

Andie - you mentioned a 'reminder letter' at the 6 week mark (which is rapidly approaching) if I've not heard anything.

Don't suppose you have a copy of one do ya? ;);)

Would be ever so grateful if you would share it - thank you xx