On line search to check if a Bailiff is Certificated.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel almost helpless right now.. like I'm standing in line to be milked

believe me that feeling will soon leave you your confidence to deal with this will grow with the help of the people on here

yes start your own thread Bailiffs and Sheriff Officers click on that it will take you to a new page bottom of page on left new thread

welcome to C A G

stevelift dont know if this helps but worth a look

Certificated bailiffs — enforce a variety of debts on behalf of organisations such as local authorities. They can seize and sell your goods to cover the amount of the debt you owe. They also hold a certificate, which enables them, and them alone, to levy distress for rent, road traffic debts, council tax and non-domestic rates.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/c...orms/ex345.pdf

Thank you Tomtubby. With your help I found the company , but the bailiff who visited me is not on their list. Is this significant or just a normal occurence?

hope you don't mind me answering this

this list is fairly new i would suggest you phone

Ministry of Justice Public Register of Bailiffs on 020 3334 6355 to confirm

and if he is not a bailiff then yes it is significant

Certificated bailiffs — enforce a variety of debts on behalf of organisations such as local authorities. They can seize and sell your goods to cover the amount of the debt you owe. They also hold a certificate, which enables them, and them alone, to levy distress for rent, road traffic debts, council tax and non-domestic rates

Who are bailiffs and enforcement officers?

Bailiffs and enforcement officers are people authorised to remove and sell your possessions in order to pay the money you owe to a person or an organisation. They also conduct evictions, and arrest people.

County court bailiffs — are employed by Her Majesty’s Courts Service (HMCS), and are responsible for enforcing orders by recovering money owed under a county court judgment. They can seize and sell your goods to recover the amount of the debt. They can also effect and supervise the possession of the property and the return of goods under hire purchase agreements, and serve court documents.

Civilian enforcement officers (CEO’s) Magistrates’ Courts — are employed by HMCS and are responsible for enforcing magistrates court orders. They can seize and sell your goods to recover the amount owed under a fine and community penalty notice. They can also execute warrants of arrest, committal, detention and distress issued by a magistrates’ court under any one of a range of statutes, including those covering the enforcement of fines and community penalties. A CEO can execute such a warrant anywhere within England and Wales.

Enforcement officers — (High Court) are appointed on behalf of the Lord Chancellor and are responsible for enforcing court orders by recovering money owed under a High Court judgment, or a county court judgment transferred to the High Court. They can seize and sell your goods to cover the amount of the debt. They can also enforce and supervise the possession of property and the return of goods.

Certificated bailiffs — enforce a variety of debts on behalf of organisations such as local authorities. They can seize and sell your goods to cover the amount of the debt you owe. They also hold a certificate, which enables them, and them alone, to levy distress for rent, road traffic debts, council tax and non-domestic rates. They cannot enforce the collection of money due under High Court or county court orders.

Non-certificated bailiffs — are entitled to recover the money owed for a variety of debts by seizing and selling your goods but cannot levy distress for rent, road traffic debts, council tax or non-domestic rates, or enforce the collection of money due under High Court or county court orders.

Ministry of Justice Public Register of Bailiffs on 020 3334 6355

i would phone the above number confirm he was not a bailiff when the visits and Levy(if any)

charges were added by him

then get in touch with Jacobs and ask where and when he was certificated give them 7 date to reply to your e-mail if they don't get in touch with the council

Certificated bailiffs — enforce a variety of debts on behalf of organisations such as local authorities. They can seize and sell your goods to cover the amount of the debt you owe. They also hold a certificate, which enables them, and them alone, to levy distress for rent, road traffic debts, council tax and non-domestic rates. They cannot enforce the collection of money due under High Court or county court orders.

• 2 weeks later...
hi guys could some one please help me had a nasty run in with hammond hillman limited bailiff today,I'm still sitting her in tears.

tried to check if he is on the list but neither him or his company is coming up,what am i doing wrong?

it will depend what debt he is collecting not all bailiff need to be certificated

you need to start your own thread and give more info

thanks hallo its council tax btw

phone this number to confirm he is not a baillif and mention the company name

Certificated bailiffs — enforce a variety of debts on behalf of organisations such as local authorities. They can seize and sell your goods to cover the amount of the debt you owe. They also hold a certificate, which enables them, and them alone, to levy distress for rent, road traffic debts, council tax and non-domestic rates. They cannot enforce the collection of money due under High Court or county court orders

Wow, just checked myself on there and i KNOW i am certificated and yet i don't show up. Will be off down the courts tomorrow to find out why. Don't put to much faith in this system yet ppl.

we know its not right i don't think anyone expected it to be right its a government database when did they ever get anything right

First time of posting so please bear with me. Recently had a gentlemen knock on door and he signed himself as Senior Bailiff in Charge Enforcement. Looked on the HM website and cannot find him or the company he works for. I have spoken to the Company who say he is certified. Don't believe the Company and want proof that he is in a position to clamp my car for an unpaid PCN. Any help much appreciated.

Great website by the way.

the web site is not 100% up to date

you can also phone them

whats the name of the company

• 2 months later...
Hi could someone be kind enough to confirm that if a person is not listed on the list of certified bailiffs @ hmrc then they definatley are not certified?

Thanks

the list is not 100%

phone the Ministry of Justice Public Register of Bailiffs on 020 3334 6355 to confirm

the bailiff must be certificated to the company he is collecting for or self-employed (certificated but not to any company)

Hi all

First post so bear with me i have a bailiff on at me done a search and the only one with his surname is from another court up north and with a different company. I'm sure he will come back very arrogant man shall i ask him ? Haven't let him in and don't intend to.

Sorry forgot it about council tax arrears so much info on this site trying to take it all in

welcome to cag there is a lot to take in but if you follow the basic rules

don't let them get a levy and pay the council direct on-line then you should be OK

you may like to start your own thread

phone this number to confirm if he is certificated and to what company(if self employed there wont be a company against his name and can work for any company)

this is the important part

If your search reveals that the bailiff is working for a different company it is important to be aware that statutory regulations laid down by Parliament state that if there are "any changes" to the certificate then the bailiff must “without delay” give notice to the Court and a new certificate will be issued to him reflecting the changes. This is vitally important because in almost all cases, the bailiff’s bond will be cancelled when he leaves his previous employer!!

if you find out that he is not certificated to the company he is working for

write a letter to the bailiff company and ask them to confirm in writing the date the bailiff was certificated to work for them and the name of the court he was certificated at give them 14 days from date of letter to reply

send a copy of the letter you send to the bailiff company to the council

and request that the letter be filed with your account for future reference.

send all letters recorded delivery

• Haha 1

Thanks hallowitch for the quick reply i will follow your suggestions spoke to the council they said its with the bailiffs and would not discuss it further the bailiff would not enter into any agreement unless i made payment immediately which i couldn't do my wife is in permant care with early Alzheimer's i told him everything belongs to her and she is a ward of the court of protection he just said makes no difference he can take what he likes 3rd party or not just more stress just what i need

Get back in touch with the council send them an e-mail for quickens

tell them that your wife is a ward of the court of protection because she has Alzheimer's don't ask them tell them to take this debt back

don't let them fob you off with they cant because they can and they should

NATIONAL STANDARDS FOR ENFORCEMENT AGENTS may 2002

Those who might be potentially vulnerable include:

• the elderly;
  • people with a disability;
  • the seriously ill;
  • the recently bereaved;
  • single parent families;
  • pregnant women;
  • unemployed people; and,
  • those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or reading English

• 1 month later...

this should answer some of your questions

Could you please note that a bailiff’s certificate is valid for just 2 years.

If your search reveals that the bailiff is working for a different company it is important to be aware that statutory regulations laid down by Parliament state that if there are "any changes" to the certificate then the bailiff must “without delay” give notice to the Court and a new certificate will be issued to him reflecting the changes. This is vitally important because in almost all cases, the bailiff’s bond will be cancelled when he leaves his previous employer!!

as far as i know a certificated bailiff can only work for the company he is employed by its the company that pays the bond unless he self employed and if this was the case there would be no company name next to his and he would have paid the bond himself

if you leave it till after the holidays(the bloke who deals with this is on holiday ) you can phone the Ministry of Justice Public Register of Bailiffs on 020 3334 6355

he doesn't have to be certificated to work for a HCEO so in theory he could work as a certificated bailiff for 1 company and for sherforce as hceo but I'm not sure if they are allowed to do that