Received someone elses statement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies if this is not the correct place - its my first post.

Just received this months statement from A&L together with a letter stating how safe and secure Santander are going to be !!!

Well I got my statement page 1 but found that page 2 was not mine! So where did my page 2 go?

Amazingly this other person lives in my town. I know his name, address, account number, ID number, where he works, which pub he frequents etc etc...

I rang A&L and they are going to "look into it" and get back to me!

Advice on how to proceed would be much appreciated. Thank you

Guest Old_andrew2018

Tell the other person he has a right to know what A&L have done, IMHO they will ask for the statement back and do a coverup.

• 2 weeks later...

HI Saint Ander

I used to work at the A&L Head Office in the Customer Services team (Ie a Complain handler).

Believe it or not, I have heard of several of these situations happening whilst i was there. If you complain to them, you'll get a lovelyletter back (not a template letter whatsoever ;) ) thanking you for your honesty in returning the statement, they will ensure it goes to the correct person.. and that it was a fault in the dispatch plant, where they didnt go through the separation rollers properly, hence you got the 2 consecutive ones off the printer ..

IMO, you should mail it to the person it belongs to (not the bank) with a covering letter saying it was enclosed with yours, and that you appreciate the Bank has Breached their rights to privacy under the DPA, and that you are making a complaint to the bank & suggest they do also!

You may well get a 'goodwill gesture' for your honesty, and the person whose statement it is, will get one too.. to stop them making a complaint higher up the chain :D

Anyone know whether there is a route for this complaint to be taken further? IMHO banks only ever change if customers or the authorities force them to. If they can simpy continue ot write apology letter and leave it at that they will.

Working to help set people free from debt.