Advice Needed

GOONER3900
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Two years ago I was very ill and almost died it was only the skill of the hospital that kept me going.

I had a bank account with First Direct I was off work for a long time and finaces got a bit messed up to say the least. I had gone over my overdraft limit mostly due to charges that had been imposed by First Direct. Then they closed my account with 7 days notice. I agreeded to pay over the overdraft through a debt collection agency. 14 days ago I sent a letter requesting the charges on my account. Received a reply dated 2 August telling me they will send them to me by courier and I will need to sign for them. No problem then yesterday received a conty court summons from First Direct dated 4 A ugust for the sum of £408 which I suspect will be less than the charges they will owe me.

How do I deal with this I have 14 days in which to defend it or pay up and then a further 28 days to submit defense but I dont have the details at the moment and I suspect that I will not get them before the time is up to submit a defense any ideas

Did you have internet banking? Can you still log in to your account this way even though the account is closed?? If so, you can check your statements online so then you wouldn't have to wait for them to send them to you.

Dani

You need to issue a counter claim to the County Court summons. Same as the words for N1 in templates. Have to make sure you do it fast.

Egg Data Protection Act Statements arrived. On hold.

Halifax - Moneyclaim £3100

Amex to Remove Default - acknowledged didn't issue correct documents - default removed :) . £135 paid in full without Court

I'm on a roll now :rolleyes:

I don't know what to tell you about the court case as that kind of stuff gets me totally confused - but when I requested my statements I got them pretty quickly, so hopefully you will too.

Hopefully there will be some mods or intelligent people lurking around to help you out more than I can!!

Dani

• 2 weeks later...

Well to comply with the time I submitted that I would defend the claim. Today I receved the statements. They have charged me £1045 over an 18 month period I just cant belive this they knew the situation as well.

What is the best way to proceed now I havent submitted a defence yet only informed court that I intend to defend it. Anybody got any ideas.