urgent HSBC help needed please.......

dolphinbaby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have 2 problems.

the st one is whith my credit card. they have failed to produce the credit agreement since 7/5/09. they have now said i must cut up card and return it? should i comly? then i have sent the letter saying i acknowlegde no further debt and under CCA they cannot add charges and must remove all data, including credit ref agencies. Is this right?:confused:

Then on my bank charges they sent me a form to fill in which i did (unsigned of course) but i have had no reply?:shock: Should i ring or re write? and make them a copy of the last letter????

thankyou for reading this? :)

You sent them a SAR, and they replied asking you to fill in a form, right? How long ago was this. I had a similar form a few weeks ago too.

I think it depends how aggressive you want to be. You could have ignored the form and insisted that your SAR was enough, and that the 40 days started from when you sent that. No doubt they'll choose to take the 40 days as starting from the date on which you returned the form.

If the 40 days are nearly up, you could phone or write, reminding them of this. There's a template in the templates library (http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates) for non compliance.

I have 2 problems.

the st one is whith my credit card. they have failed to produce the credit agreement since 7/5/09. they have now said i must cut up card and return it? should i comly? then i have sent the letter saying i acknowlegde no further debt and under CCA they cannot add charges and must remove all data, including credit ref agencies. Is this right?:confused:

Hi dolphinbaby :)- yes you were right to send that letter because thay failed to produce the CCA . If they cannot produce it for you then there is no agreement . I would be inclined to hold onto the card for the moment - they could possibly use it against you if you sent it back, but at the moment I'm not sure how. Of course you musn't ever use it ..... :-o

Then on my bank charges they sent me a form to fill in which i did (unsigned of course) but i have had no reply?:shock: Should i ring or re write? and make them a copy of the last letter????

thankyou for reading this? :)

I think webmaster has given you a good answer on the second bit already .... :) it's up to you if you want to push the 40 days from the date of your letter .... or wait for 40 days from the date you filled the form in ......

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Just one more thing dolphinbaby , - if you have to send another call-up for your CCA you could add this little gem to it :

"PLEASE NOTE that unless otherwise stated by yourselves and if the above documents are NOT provided, it will be CONFIRMED that you are unable to reproduce/provide in any way shape or form any copies of the above requested documents. You are reminded that you have a duty to inform me if you do not have the above documents. This is confirmed in High Court Law - Ezsias v Welsh Ministers - [2007] All ER (D) 65 (Dec) "

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D