xtra charges help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Was Hoping i could get some more advice from this great forum

I recieved a loan last year for £1000 from a company called Xtra Finance ,half way throught the loan i missed two payments due to partner losing his job .When this happened Xtra Finance very quickly sent me out a ccj so i carried on paying my loan to them as arranged .Now my loan has come to an end so i thought .This mourning i recived a letter from Xtra explaining that i have over £500 worth of charges becauce the account whent legal over me missing two payment .I have never missed a payment since then. So i called them and asked why it was so high and the lady was really rude and explained that they have a judgement against me from last year for the missed payment and i have to pay these charges when i explained that i was not in a situtation too pay the charges she replied well u have been paying the loan so far so why carnt you pay the charges :evil:

Does anybody have any advice on whether i have to pay these excessive charges as they say they have a jugdement against me

Thanks for any advice :grin: tofster213

ok, so just to confirm, you have got a CCJ or they just threatened you with one?

If you still have a copy of the court order have a look at it and see what the total amount was that you had to pay. Once you have paid that amount in full then that is the end of it unless there is a post judgement interest clause in the agreement.

If you don't have a copy of the court order then it would be worth asking the court for a copy of it to check it - you will have to pay a small fee for that

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

So, when your partner came out of work, you missed 2 payments to the loan, but when the CCJ was issued, you continued paying the loan as normal? I would say that it is right that you still owe these 2 month's worth of payments. As they issued a CCJ against you, it would be best to come to some kind of arrangement with them, or clear this balance as soon as possible. However, it does seem you would be liable for this.