• Tweets

• "Care to briefly tell someone who isn't tech savvy - i.e. me! - how you did this?" Its pretty simple although not obvious. You open the google maps app > click your profile picture > Click Timeline from the list > click today > choose the date you want to see the timeline from. Then you'll see your timeline for that day. Often, places you have visited will have a question mark beside them where google wants you confirm you have actually visited. You either click 'yes' if you have, or you click 'edit' to enter the actual place you visited. Sometimes, you'll see 'Missing visit' This probably happens if your internet connection has dropped out at that time. You simply click 'Add visit' and enter the place. The internet on my crappy phone often loses connection so I have to do that alot.   OK dx, understood mate. 
    • I have now been given a court date vs Evri, 4th Sept 2024. I have completed my court bundle, when am I expected to send copies to the court and Evri and should it be in hard copy or electronic? The Notice of Allocation states that no later than 7 days before the directions hearing both parties must send to the other party their final offers to settle. Does this mean I will have to tell Evri what I'm willing to settle? Rgds, J
    • Ok how about this to the CEO? I know it sounds super desperate but lets call a spade a spade here, I am super desperate: Dear Sir, On 29th November 2023 I took out a loan of £5000 with you. Unfortunately very early into 2024 I found myself in financial difficulty (unexpected bills and two episodes of sickness and the tax office getting my tax code wrong resulting in less pay for two months) and I contacted you (MCB) on 13th February 2024 asking if there was any way I could extend the length of my loan to 36 months. I fully explained why I was requesting this and asked for your help. I did not receive a reply to that email so I again contacted you on 7th March 2024 to advise you of a change in my circumstances which resulted in me having to take out a DMP and asking you to confirm that the direct debit had been cancelled. You would have also received confirmation of this DMP from StepChange but you did not acknowledge receipt of my email. I have only managed to make one payment from my loan but did try and contact MCB to discuss extending my loan, help etc.  I have now therefore fallen behind on several of my debts, yours included, and as a result you have lodged a Cifas marker against my name for "evasion of payment", which has resulted in me having to change banks, which has been an extremely difficult process because of the Cifas marker. I do not feel you have been fair or given me the opportunity to fully explain my situation to you before you lodged the marker against my name. I appreciate it is a business and you have acted accordingly, but I did try to make contact to arrange alternative arrangements and at no point, not even to this day, did I ever intend to not repay my loan. I cannot stress to you enough how much this has affected my mental health. I am having trouble sleeping and my existing health condition has been exacerbated by all of this. What I would like you to do is to please, please remove the Cifas marker and let me make arrangements to pay the loan back through a DMP.  Please sir, I am begging for your help here. I am not a dishonest person and I have never been in a situation like this before. I am desperately trying to make things right but this marker is killing me. Please can you help me? I look forward to hearing from you. Yours faithfully,
    • Just be careful with your language on what you post here - Keep it above board Lets see what you send to the big boss. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Advice needed on actions against garage/dealership

bijomaru
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. As a new member I came here as I spotted this forum after hours of "googleing" and I do hope I will find some help and advice here.

Apologies for the long story but the more background you have the better advice I might get. And thank you for patience if you are going to read this :)

Here we go then:

3rd of May I've had an accident. Avoided hitting a car that failed to give me right of way, ended up going over a curb, losing traction and hitting brick wall. The impact triggered fuel cut-off switch, so I wasn't able to starth the car as I didn't know where it is. Left it on the petrol station, in front of which all this has happened. As I hit the wall, other driver drove off as he had not came into contact with my car. CCTV cameras didn't catch the situation so claimed of my insurance. Next day called AA, they found the fuel cut-off switch, and I drove the car back home. Around 2 miles, 15mph, dragging plastic engine cover underneath the car.

Next weekend, 8th or 9th May, garage approved by my insurance company, came to collect the car. Few days later I got a call that estimated repair would be around £6000 and they still need to check few more parts so it might be write off. Eventually I was told it'll be £6500 worth of repairs, but Privilege Insurance agreed to pay that and I will only pay £300 excess. It's a Honda Accord 2.2 i-CTDI, 2006. Looking at the pictures I can't see where this amount came from, but I guess there's more than meets the eye, as insurance company approved it after visit of their evaluator.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

They gave me a date when my car will be ready, 9th of June. A month later. I wasn't happy as I need my car to get to customers as I do on-site PC repairs. But accepted the fact, after all it was quite a lot to fix.

3rd of June I called to make sure everything is fine and to ask again if the date hasn't changed. I was told it will be ready for 9th June. OK.

9th June came, I got really excited I am getting the car back. Called the garage to confirm the time of collection. And I got struck :eek:

nice lady told me that one part, steering column, went on backorder as Honda couldn't deliver it on time. Shortage, close downs, etc. She asked me to sit down and said the part will be delivered on 17th July. Plus time for fitting and adjustements, equals end of July. Taking the repair into 3 months.

Now I already moved my holidays from June to July, before learning the new delivery date, to 16th. Which is not even when I get my car. And I was going to go by car abroad. But more important, my business became almost non-existent. I cannot do visits, so I am losing customers. My earnings here dropped like 80%.

I have complained to Insurer, they couldn't do anything. Went to garage they directed me to honda dealer that is getting the part for them. Complained to Honda dealer, next day they got back to me saying the put it on a priority list so if the part is made available they will get it.

Almost 2 weeks gone, nothing has moved in the right direction.

I am considering complaining at Honda directly, not dealership. DOes it make sense, can I win here anything or gain? What about the losses I incurred due to the back order? Sureyl big manufacturer like Honda should have parts available in case they are needed for repair. These cars are quite often seen on streets, at least here in Swindon, so they must be quite popular.

So any advice on what to do next, where to go/write/call is most welcome. I will appreciate any comments.

Thanks everyone for spending 10 minutes reading this post.

Hi everyone. As a new member I came here as I spotted this forum after hours of "googleing" and I do hope I will find some help and advice here.

Apologies for the long story but the more background you have the better advice I might get. And thank you for patience if you are going to read this :)

Here we go then:

3rd of May I've had an accident. Avoided hitting a car that failed to give me right of way, ended up going over a curb, losing traction and hitting brick wall. The impact triggered fuel cut-off switch, so I wasn't able to starth the car as I didn't know where it is. Left it on the petrol station, in front of which all this has happened. As I hit the wall, other driver drove off as he had not came into contact with my car. CCTV cameras didn't catch the situation so claimed of my insurance. Next day called AA, they found the fuel cut-off switch, and I drove the car back home. Around 2 miles, 15mph, dragging plastic engine cover underneath the car.

Next weekend, 8th or 9th May, garage approved by my insurance company, came to collect the car. Few days later I got a call that estimated repair would be around £6000 and they still need to check few more parts so it might be write off. Eventually I was told it'll be £6500 worth of repairs, but Privilege Insurance agreed to pay that and I will only pay £300 excess. It's a Honda Accord 2.2 i-CTDI, 2006. Looking at the pictures I can't see where this amount came from, but I guess there's more than meets the eye, as insurance company approved it after visit of their evaluator.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

They gave me a date when my car will be ready, 9th of June. A month later. I wasn't happy as I need my car to get to customers as I do on-site PC repairs. But accepted the fact, after all it was quite a lot to fix.

3rd of June I called to make sure everything is fine and to ask again if the date hasn't changed. I was told it will be ready for 9th June. OK.

9th June came, I got really excited I am getting the car back. Called the garage to confirm the time of collection. And I got struck :eek:

nice lady told me that one part, steering column, went on backorder as Honda couldn't deliver it on time. Shortage, close downs, etc. She asked me to sit down and said the part will be delivered on 17th July. Plus time for fitting and adjustements, equals end of July. Taking the repair into 3 months.

Now I already moved my holidays from June to July, before learning the new delivery date, to 16th. Which is not even when I get my car. And I was going to go by car abroad. But more important, my business became almost non-existent. I cannot do visits, so I am losing customers. My earnings here dropped like 80%.

I have complained to Insurer, they couldn't do anything. Went to garage they directed me to honda dealer that is getting the part for them. Complained to Honda dealer, next day they got back to me saying the put it on a priority list so if the part is made available they will get it.

Almost 2 weeks gone, nothing has moved in the right direction.

I am considering complaining at Honda directly, not dealership. DOes it make sense, can I win here anything or gain? What about the losses I incurred due to the back order? Sureyl big manufacturer like Honda should have parts available in case they are needed for repair. These cars are quite often seen on streets, at least here in Swindon, so they must be quite popular.

So any advice on what to do next, where to go/write/call is most welcome. I will appreciate any comments.

Thanks everyone for spending 10 minutes reading this post.

Sorry to hear of your problems, with regards to the cost of the repair, i wouldnt like to speculate as i have not seen it personnaly, but the cost does seem to be exagerated, at least you have got pictures if you decide to contest the cost, or make your insurer aware of this matter as it is them who are paying for the repair.

As the accident is classed as your fault you would only be entitled to a courtesy car for a maximum of 14 days and also depending on the wording in your insurance policy, have you had a courtesy car through your insurance company ?

I would certanlly complain to the bodyshop concerned with this matter, give them a timescale to repsond, also request a courtesy car of some sort to keep you mobile, if the parts are on back order, the bodyshop / dealer would be able to claim the cost of this back off the manufacturer.

If they unwilling to resolve the matter for you escalate the matter with there head office, also inform your insurance company of the problems you are experincing, they might intervene with a resolution for you.

Hope you get things sorted, keep us informed.

The retailers worst nightmare !

Hi. Thanks for your response. I advised the insurance company that the costs seem not reasonable for me as for the visual judgment and the fact I drove the car back home without any mechanical problems.

Courtesy car is an option on my policy and I didn't take it when I have purchased it so would have to pay for one now. I spoke to the garage regarding this matter and they said after contacting Privilege, I will not get a courtesy car as I am not entitled to it.

Also they put all the blame on Honda not sticking to the original delivery date for that one particular part.

Hi. Thanks for your response. I advised the insurance company that the costs seem not reasonable for me as for the visual judgment and the fact I drove the car back home without any mechanical problems.

Courtesy car is an option on my policy and I didn't take it when I have purchased it so would have to pay for one now. I spoke to the garage regarding this matter and they said after contacting Privilege, I will not get a courtesy car as I am not entitled to it.

Also they put all the blame on Honda not sticking to the original delivery date for that one particular part.

In that event i would contact the bodyshop tomorrow, i pressume a courtesy car would help you out a great deal, request this, also mention about your work and the loss of earnings your experiencing.

If there still reluctant to help contact Honda direct, explain all of your problems etc and you need to be mobile, if they inform you that no courtesy cars are available, ask them to out source one for you, they have a contract with Enterprise Rent a Car, this rental firm supply all of Hondas overflow problems.

Ive just found these details for you

Honda Customer Contact Centre : 0845 200 8000.

Honda (UK)

470 London Road

Slough

Berkshire

SL3 8QY

Thanks guys. I'll give another call to the garage tomorrow. If no luck I will call Honda. I've got the part order number from the dealership, so they should be able to see it's been on order since early may and the estimated delivery date.

Also I was thinking, knowing from experience in working for financial institution dealing sometimes with complaints, would it be a good idea to write something more formal or should I try calling first?

Thanks guys. I'll give another call to the garage tomorrow. If no luck I will call Honda. I've got the part order number from the dealership, so they should be able to see it's been on order since early may and the estimated delivery date.

Also I was thinking, knowing from experience in working for financial institution dealing sometimes with complaints, would it be a good idea to write something more formal or should I try calling first?

I always try to keep things in writing, in your case it depends if you intend to pursue for your loss of earnings etc, i am sure after your call tomorrow this matter will progress in your favour !

Keep us informed of developements, good luck.

Called Honda at the number you gave me. After explaining the whole situation, they got back to me about half an hour later. The part "steering rack" is being shipped from Japan. Estimated time of delivery is 8th July. So over a week quicker than originally. Not brilliant but still would be good if they can keep up with it and get the car ready for 16th.

I called them later asking about courtesy car, but as this was not a fault but accident, they cannot offer me a car for the time of waiting.

Is there anything else I can do or is it now just waiting?

Called Honda at the number you gave me. After explaining the whole situation, they got back to me about half an hour later. The part "steering rack" is being shipped from Japan. Estimated time of delivery is 8th July. So over a week quicker than originally. Not brilliant but still would be good if they can keep up with it and get the car ready for 16th.

I called them later asking about courtesy car, but as this was not a fault but accident, they cannot offer me a car for the time of waiting.

Is there anything else I can do or is it now just waiting?

TBH, it does sound tricky, if i was in your position i would exaust all the complaint channels, if still no joy, i would threaten them with the small claims court, i would hire a car and forward them the receipt for the amount paid, this may make them worried and they might back down and offer you transport on the other hand you might have to call there bluff and submit a county court claim.

Other posters more up to speed on this procedure may be able to assit you, what ever you decide, good luck.